90th Birthday

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Grandma Viola turned 90 on July 2nd and we celebrated this event by traveling to Oregon to be with other family members. I took this picture on her special day. When the fireworks went off two days later she thought they were for her.

2. Hi Gordon,

She looks "healthy" to me. She has very bright eyes !!.
    I hope i can become 90 and still look so good.

3. Great portrait, Gordon. Loved the exposure and skin tones, which are very flattering for a woman at this age.

Your fireworks are fun too.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Gordon Great shot buy wow she looks so good for her age, cant wait to see her magic "100" shot

5. Thanks all, I didn't try to soften the wrinkles but just left them as they are. What you see is what you get. Now if her mind were as healthy as her body she would be in great shape. She suffers from Alzheimers making it difficult to take care of her. She has lived with us for the last 11 years.

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Beautiful portrait, Gordon. She looks great. Alzheimer's is so painful. I'm sorry you are having to deal with it. My mother is an only child. Her mom had Alzheimer's so I am very familiar with the heartache.

7. Thanks for your comments Terri and for understanding what dealing with alzheimers is like.

8. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Simply excellent photos! What a kind, pretty face. You did a fantastic job or either had an excellent subject.....or both! Sorry to hear about her trials (and your's). Not an easy thing to deal with. I did the same for an uncle who raised me and as good a gentlemen as he was it wasn't easy...for him or for the family. On the other hand, my father passed away recently at 99, and his mind was far, far sharper than mine, and especially when it came to his financial affairs. If his check book was off by a penny he was acutely aware of it!
    My best,
    Jerry Snider

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Gordon,

Grandma is a beautiful woman and your portrait is outstanding. I would sign a contract if I knew I would look as healthy as she does when I'm her age. I enjoyed reading that she thought the fireworks were set in honor of her birthday...how sweet!

The fireworks were great captures as well. As always with your shooting...job well done!!!

10. Thanks so much Jerry and Frank. Your comments and sentiments were appreciated.