90th Birthday

Grandma Viola turned 90 on July 2nd and we celebrated this event by traveling to Oregon to be with other family members. I took this picture on her special day. When the fireworks went off two days later she thought they were for her.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all, I didn't try to soften the wrinkles but just left them as they are. What you see is what you get. Now if her mind were as healthy as her body she would be in great shape. She suffers from Alzheimers making it difficult to take care of her. She has lived with us for the last 11 years.

Beautiful portrait, Gordon. She looks great. Alzheimer's is so painful. I'm sorry you are having to deal with it. My mother is an only child. Her mom had Alzheimer's so I am very familiar with the heartache.

Simply excellent photos! What a kind, pretty face. You did a fantastic job or either had an excellent subject.....or both! Sorry to hear about her trials (and your's). Not an easy thing to deal with. I did the same for an uncle who raised me and as good a gentlemen as he was it wasn't easy...for him or for the family. On the other hand, my father passed away recently at 99, and his mind was far, far sharper than mine, and especially when it came to his financial affairs. If his check book was off by a penny he was acutely aware of it!
My best,
Jerry Snider

Hi Gordon,

Grandma is a beautiful woman and your portrait is outstanding. I would sign a contract if I knew I would look as healthy as she does when I'm her age. I enjoyed reading that she thought the fireworks were set in honor of her birthday...how sweet!

The fireworks were great captures as well. As always with your shooting...job well done!!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom