A 7 year old plays with matches

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by EdMac, Mar 16, 2005.

1. These are pictures that I captured of a car fire on March 16 2005. In this case the little 7 year old was playing with matches in the car. It is a good thing that no one was hurt. I captured these with my little Coolpix 5200. It is much easier on the fireground with the P&S because it is small and easy to handle. I use the D100 on major fires and all nightime events. The lesson here is to not let the kids play with matches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I bet the kid got a spanking! Or more likely got time out.

:)

3. The Police and the Fire Chief did a very good job impressing him about the severity of what he had done. I am very proud of the way that they handled it, with out scaring the kid too much. He was a sad little puppy standing there. I don't know what his father did afterward. It could have been a tragedy if he had stayed in the car.

4. Great shots.....glad that no one was hurt!! :D :D :D

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You ED,

You know how much I love your fire reports. Good shots, even with he little 5200.

The 4th shot is great, really like that one. Shows the firemen in quick persuit of that fire with that heavy hose.

Guess the kid learned a very tough lesson.

God Bless all Firemen.

Regards
    Gale

6. Thank you Gale

Hi Gale,
    Thank you for your nice comments. Yes, I think a little guy learned a big lesson today.

7. Thank you Bryon

I am also glad that no one was hurt. A small child playing with matches in a car can be devastating.

8. Great post and story Ed. So good to see you posting here.

9. Lurking

Hi Harris,
    I have been here all along. I have been lurking because it has been a very quiet winter. The birds will be back soon, so I should be a little more active.

We now have Coyotes causing problems here in southern New Jersey. The naturalists have been entering them back into our environment, and we just had an incident where one killed a small dog. This is in the area where my trailer is located. It might be an interesting summer.

I can't wait to get the old 300 f2.8 back out. I just bought RR's ebook, and I am trying to see if I can improve my technique.

10. hey Ed, very good series, unbelievable what just a match can do in a car. Cars seem to go up in a flash! Thank goodness no one was hurt.

11. Very nice photo journalism shots Ed. Good story and images to back it up.

12. One little match

Hi Janet,
    Thanks for your comments. Today cars are msotly plastic, and burn very easily. IN fact it is a little scary, when you think of it.

13. Story

Hi Gordon,
    Thank you. If you notice that pastic trash container that is next to the house. It is melted. If that car had been a little closer to the house, we would have had a house fire. I am just happy that the little boy didn't stay in the car.

14. WOW
    That is scary we had a pool memebr loose there house this summer to a 11 year old playign with matches in his room

15. Matches

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comments. Our world is now full of plastic, and everything burns so easily. It doesn't take long before you have a major incident. :)

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great series (pic's and story) Ed. Glad everyone got out.

Frank

17. All in a day's work

Hi Frank,

Thanks. Everything turned out ok. It just goes to show you that you have to watch little kids. This could have been a very sad story.