1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Beautiful Day Outside. Went Shooting With The 35-70mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TMR Design, Jul 3, 2008.

1. It was such a nice day outside so I decided to go shooting. I took the D300, 35-70mm f/2.8 and SB-800. I had a pi**er!!

Here are some snaps from the day. Nothing earth shattering, just sharing my afternoon.

[1]
    [​IMG]

[2]
    [​IMG]

[3]
    [​IMG]

[4]
    [​IMG]

[5]
    You gotta love the macro mode on this lens. :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

[6]
    [​IMG]

[7]
    [​IMG]

[8]
    [​IMG]

[9]
    [​IMG]

[10]
    [​IMG]

2. great series
    #2 is my favorite

3. Thanks Greg. After you posted I went back and numbered them to make it easier to reference. :biggrin:

4. I changed my will so that TMR designs is to to recieve my 35-70 when I pass on.:biggrin: If you ever get your hands on a 24-70 I think I will run!!:biggrin: JK, nice shots from that old lens.

Gene

5. Robert,

Enjoyed the afternoon with the 35-70, one of my favourite lenses.

One day it might be fun to go for a walk with my lens. You do your eye, and the lens, justice.

6. Hey Gene,

I've been calling the 35-70mm f/2.8 the poor man's 24-70mm.. LOLOL
    I lust for a 24-70mm but have other priorities. I have no doubt that at some point the 24-70mm will replace the 35-70mm and become a permanent part of my D300 :smile:

7. Hi Mark,

If you've seen enough of my posts with images you can see that I really love this lens. Optics are great, color is beautiful and the build and feel is amazing. It also has that indescribable 'fun factor'. My copy is great but I don't think it's as sharp at f/2.8 as some other copies floating around. Going to f/3.2 improves the image and by f/3.5 it's as sharp as it is at f/11.

8. Nice series, Robert. You and your images are largely responsible for me purchasing a 35-70 f2.8. Now if I could only acquire talent like yours, I would be a happy camper:biggrin:.

9. Robert,

Just so that you know, don't expect the 24-70 to change things too much between 35 and 70. However it is better between 24 and 35:biggrin:

Gene

10. Hi Robert,

Mine may not be as sharp at 2.8 as well, but I agree with the fun factor. And you know, I don't get too bent about a quality lens like this not being super sharp at every single aperture. I think that each tool has it's own characteristics, and I like to learn them.

And BTW, I've observed a lot your posts with this lens, and others, and I continue to learn from them. Thank you.

11. Hi Tom,

I guess I could either take the credit or blame for that purchase :wink:
    You're very kind. Thank you.

12. Hi Gene,

What I'm expecting is this:

* sharp at f/2.8
    * 24-35mm
    * fast, quiet AF
    * overall slightly sharper

Those are the things that I think are reasonable expectations. It's a want, not a need.

13. Very nice series Robert. You prove that you don't need the most expensive toys to have a great time and produce wonderful images. My hat goes off to you.

14. Robert,

You will get all of those things, including twice the size and weight. Mine still improves noticably stopped down one stop. It *is* substantially sharper..... it's the first lens I have owned that allows me to shoot NEF's without using USM.

gene

15. love the whole series.....Amazing what the D330 & 35-70 can do in good hands

16. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    Really nice series mate.I must get out and about with mine soon..:cool: 

17. Thanks Garrie :biggrin:

If the focal length works for you then you should definitely be shooting with this lens. It would be a crime not to. :eek: 

18. Northwood

Northwood

Mar 26, 2008
    Oregon
    Beautiful series Robert! I love the colors and subjects. Thanks for sharing your afternoon.

19. Thanks... and my pleasure :biggrin:

20. Superb

Superb Robert,

That lens has incredible IQ :biggrin:

Stunning imagery as well and great Bokeh :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.