A Beaver Dam

Fishook Creek is an inlet to Redfish Lake in Idaho. The Forest Service has a little nature trail in the creek area near the lake. We were camped within walking distance of the nature trail so my five year old grandson and I went to visit early one morning. The area was quite flooded and as we got near the creek we figured out why. A beaver has built a dam across the creek, luckily right near one of the bridges on the walking path. I asked a ranger how many beavers are in the area and she said that there is only one. It has changed the landscape quite a bit since last year. I have worked on post processing this for a few days. The foreground being in shadow has made for a challenging edit.
_DSC2908.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You did such an excellent job that you make it look easy. That dam sure does explain how the phrase, busy as a beaver, came to be.
Thank you, Mike. It is interesting how one animal can make such a difference. The entire area around the pond was flooded. The ranger told me that they have to work hard to keep the beaver from flooding the parking lot at their Visitor's Center.

Well done Terri. We have several Beaver dams in the area and it's amazing how fast the dams appear. Usually the snow melt in the spring remove them but by fall they're all back.
I don't get to the same places often enough to see the cycle. That's interesting that they get washed away in the spring. The beavers are persistent.

Vary nice, Terri. It's a good demonstration how well the Z6 holds information in shadow area.
I don't shoot bracketed images for blending much any more. The Z6 photos amaze me at their ability to be manipulated without too much degradation of quality.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom