A Big Surprise in the State of Washington ..

EDIT-UPDATE 03/29/2007: Well, nothing like getting ID help and attaching it in the wrong place. I think I've got them right this time .....

-------------------

A few hours of SUN on Monday Morning :biggrin: :biggrin:

So I decided to go watch some Eagles fly and show up late to work. Saw the Eagles, none flying, but did get up close and personal with a couple of perching Hawks, actually 3 different birds, thanks for some ID help from another site. So, along with everything else, my very first Merlin!!!!

Rough-Legged:

2007032607221773.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2007032607260973.jpg

Juvenile Rough-Legged Morph:

2007032607323165.jpg

Merlin:

2007032607392415.jpg

2007032607410765.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a good choice on going in late Bill. Nice catches. :smile:

I really feel so bad, shame on me ...... :wink:, thanks.

Very nice catches Bill

Thanks, Gale, just felt good to push the shutter again ..

Bill good choice on going up North. Great shots you got, nicely done.

Louie

Got lucky, Louie, lets hope we get a few more "sunbreaks" soon.

Great stuff seems liek the PNW weather has alsow spread to New Jersey..... great shots of the Hawk

Thanks, Mike. Have I told anyone how sick and tired I am of our weather so far this year????????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Going to work on time or going to photograph hawks hum. Tough decision...NOT!:biggrin: Great shots

Yeah, it sure was a tough one! Thanks.

I had an ID Correction from another site, and have ammended the first post. Not only are these the first decent images I have gotten of a Rough-legged Hawk, but my first ever sighting of a Merlin!!!! Problem was, I kept looking for a pointy hat with stars ....... :wink:

Bill,
I talked to Kelly in Brememton the other evening and asked her how the weather was, as I laughed. She said she had on shorts.. Humm I said did you have to scrape the mold off .lolol
Yeah Mom, got on socks and a sweatshirt to. roflmao
So your really did have some sun.

Bill,
I talked to Kelly in Brememton the other evening and asked her how the weather was, as I laughed. She said she had on shorts.. Humm I said did you have to scrape the mold off .lolol
Yeah Mom, got on socks and a sweatshirt to. roflmao
So your really did have some sun.

Had a neighbor who wore shorts year-round. Guy was NUTS! And yes, the Moss and Mold do get to us sometimes, along with the webbed feet.

Got some more sun Yesterday, some more birdies to show, and off to find some Sandhills over the weekend to the East. Things are looking up, if the weather guys got it right this time ......

Latest threads

Top Bottom