A bigon', Ma'am - Santa's early present

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Kevin Rosenberg, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Kevin Rosenberg

Kevin Rosenberg

May 10, 2005
    I'm reminded of standing in the airport Starbucks line when the counter gal asked this guy in full cowboy gear if he'd like his coffee size to be "tall", "grande", or "venti". He replied, "I want the bigon, Maam".

Thanks to Jim Fenton's post about Newtonville Camera supply of used 500mm lenses and my credit card, they now have one less used 500mm f/4 AF-S II. I'm looking forward to practicing with it next week prior to taking it to the Bosque del Apache later this month.

Thanks Jim for the notice,

Kevin

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

First, welcome to the Cafe. Only problem is that if you are a friend of Fenton's then your rep just went way down (just kidding Jim). :biggrin:

I sure do lust for one of those lenses, but it will have to wait until my camera budget recovers -- a lot. :rolleyes:

Be sure to post some of your Bosque shots with the new bazooka. :smile:

3. Welcome Kevin! Congrats on the new toy! There are a few of us here who are greatly lusting after that lens. Enjoy!

btw, you didn't happen to grow up in Northern Wisconsin, did you? I went to HS with a Kevin Rosenberg.

4. Kevin Rosenberg

Kevin Rosenberg

May 10, 2005
    I'm looking forward to doing so. I'll be working on long lens techniques and practice shots over the next several weeks. It'd be disappointing to come back from the bosque with a bunch of soft shots ;-)

Kevin

5. Kevin Rosenberg

Kevin Rosenberg

May 10, 2005
    I've been in the same group of lusters after having an opportunity to shoot with RR's 500mm in the bosque last year. I'm grateful to Andreas for posting his 500mm / D2X tips on the cafe.

No, I haven't had a chance to visit Wisconsin, though my wife strongly considered taking a job in Madison. She thinks it's is a great city. I grew up on the west coast.

Thanks for the welcome!

Kevin