A bird and a gator

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Leigh, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    These were taken at the Alligator farm in St. Augustine. This was a big gator!

Not sure what kind of bird this is but it looks like a juvenile heron of some kind.

18771829-L.

18771832-L.

2. The gator picture is my favorite.

I do like the perspective - it makes the gator even more impressive.

Wonderful.

Regards.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks so much Harrie! Yeah, the gator was my favorite too. He was absolutely enormous. Patrick and I had so much fun that day. We probably got 3-4gigs of pictures between the two of us just at the alligator farm!

Cheers!

4. That is a huge tough looking alligator. Wouldn't want to meet up with him in the wild. Nice image Leigh.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks...I'm really enjoying being able to share my photos...I know I have lots to learn, but I'm trying....any comments on how to improve would be greatly appreciated!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Leigh,

I can't help but suspect that you are sandbagging us in some way. Your pictures are just too good for a complete newbie.... 8) Either that, or you have a bunch of inate talent for photography.

Probably a little of both.... :wink:

Great shots!!

Frank

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Hmmm....I'll take that as a compliment...I actually do have some photography experience...it's just been years since i've been able to do anything...Thanks to Patrick and my nifty new CoolPix 8800 I'm finally getting the chance to express a little creativity! Thanks for the kind words and thanks for checking out my pictures!

Cheers!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Leigh,

It was one (a compliment). Somehow, I just knew that you had done this before. I've seen folks with cams that cost 5x what your Coolpix did that don't come close. 8)

Frank

9. WOW!! Great shots Leigh. I'm with Harrie on this one too..........I like Gator shot. The bird shot is great too!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just love that little GBH what a cutie. Good shot.

That alligator is to real in the wild around here in Fla.

Friend and I were out shooting yesterday noon. While driving out of the wetlands in Titusville, even over the noise of going over bumps and the engine we heard a great noise and hissing loud. Was hard to see. we backed up and looked and looked. Finally I spotted it in the bush. Hid very well, couldn't even get a focus one it.

Holy jumpin, the largest Gator I ever saw. Will think twice before getting out of the truck in that place, or even going back. Baby birds or not.

Glad yours was not loose. :>)))

Keep up the good work.

Pics of the family are great. Especially like the two boys off running side by side.

Now all that "STUFF" Patrick had strapped to him, made me laugh. Wow glad I wasn't carring all that.

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank, you'll never know what your compliment means...sometimes i hesitate to post because i feel my pics aren't "up to snuff" with the pics everyone else is posting. But I'll keep trying and I'll keep posting...that's what learning is all about. Thanks again!

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Dawg!

Gale, yep, I'm really glad there was A REALLY BIG FENCE between me and that guy!

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Leigh, that's never stopped me.... :lol: :lol:

Frank