A bit of Lacrosse

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by acena, Apr 8, 2007.

1. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    I shot a bit of lacrosse over the last couple of days. As I do at the start of each outdoor season, I tried a 1.4x tele on my 400/2.8 then wonder why I do not toss out my tele. It throws off my timing because the AF is noticeably slower. I think I will have to ditch the tele and just bite the bullet for a 600/4. If they were only in stock at B&H :cool: The boys game I shot with a 300/2.8 on my D2Hs and a 400/2.8 + 1.4 tele on my D2Xs. ISO Auto, f/5.6 1/1250 of a second. The girls game was at Aperture priority f/4 ISO 500

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest can be seen at: http://njsportsimages.com/, which I have changed to make my site have more of a magazine look and feel. It has helped me move up on google searches

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Your images are always outstanding and these are no different. So nice to see tight shots with visible faces and nice action as well. I tried to help with your images but nothing worked to display them. Can't wait to see the results with the 600mm if you buy one. For $14K, I would expect the images to be utterly perfect between the quality of the lens and your inherant shooting talent.

3. Nice stuff I cant wait to give my hand a try at Lacrosse

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I can't wait for you to try too! Both of you guys are amazing.

5. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Thanks Frank! Actually the lens is $9k not $14.

6. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Jon's got a bunch lined up. I gave him a lead on a tournament in Princeton. Just way too big a job for me.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My mistake, I could have sworn that Ozarkshome said his was $14K. $9K is alot of cash, but much more affordable than $14K.

8. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Alex..... they look GREAT man ..... cant wait to see more from you and mike !