A Blast From The Past

Real Name
Ken
As a part of my birthday celebration last month, my beloved asked me if there was anything that I wanted. I normally decline politely as I have enough things in life to keep me happy, but this year I wanted to reclaim a bit of my childhood. The Museum of Flight was able to pull off a small coup this year and display the command module Columbia from Apollo 11. I was totally taken by the space program as a kid, and remember watching many of the Apollo missions, including Apollo 11. So we purchased a membership, bought our tickets, and headed on down today to see the exhibit before it leaves early next month. I just got my D500 back from APS and wanted to give it a spin. The photos are with the 16-85. As flash was not allowed, the ISO was quite high on the images, but they cleaned up reasonably well in Lightroom. I might see if I can go back with my D750 before the exhibit leaves, but the images attached are still not that bad. The exhibit was reasonably well done, and the F1 engine displays were quite cool, but to see Columbia was really incredible. I must have stayed in the room for 20-30 minutes and circled it a dozen times to see it from just about every angle. I historical museum exhibits, but this was quite special. Whoever thought their childhood would be on display in a museum?

--Ken
DSC_7705_DER.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_7713_DER.jpg
DSC_7721_DER.jpg
DSC_7724_DER.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom