A boy and his dog ...

Discussion in 'People' started by regit, Oct 21, 2005.

1. regit

regit

Jan 31, 2005
    ... if only I can get my stupid beagle to sit still and pose like this ... :frown:

original.

2. Hi Regit,

Nice composition. It is hard to have boy and a dog look good on a photo. Your photo is ok because it looks bit hard in contrast. Bit to dark? Maybe you can solve that a bit to reprocess the photo if you shot in raw. And give it less hard contrast. Then i think you will have a great image.

What did you use for camera and lighting and wich program to process the image?

Greetings and thanks for sharing your photo,
    VinceBeus

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi there Regit.

Great image. What a great dog for a boy. Love that dog.

4. regit

regit

Jan 31, 2005
    Hi VinceBeus,

Thank you for the comment and advice :) This is a quick snap-shot from a dog show and they were sitting in front a piece of hung velvet. The background is therefore uneven shades of black. I did a "click-black" on the lightest shade of black and that darken the picture substaintially. But kind of looks like a FCB-shot back in the good' O days in Nikon forum... It was taken with a Leica M7+Summilux 50/1.4 ASPH with Velvia 100, scanned with Coolscan V... Velvia been more contrasty than others, didn't help to tone down the contrast either :(

5. Was wondering if you considered BW for that shot. The contrast may work for you.

6. Hi, Regit. Basically agree with what VinceBeus said, and the edge looks a bit harsh to me. Otherwise it's a very very good photo and I believe it's much better in it's orginal form.

And it's nice to see another Leica shooter here :smile:

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. This image moves one away from the "norm" in portrait shooting and for that reason I like it.