A Break in Chinatown Oakland

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by barisaxer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. barisaxer

barisaxer

Apr 6, 2006
    Albany OR
    First BW post now I have it figured out. What are folks thoughts. I do this stuff with a Casio point and shoot in BW mode and find it is small and generally ignored so I can get in and do street work. Feedback appreciated. Thanks Kevin original.

2. Sorry, not trying to be ignorant, but did you purposely chop off the guy's head in your shot?

3. This shot would have been much better if the guy standing did not have the top of his head taken off.

4. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    I think he chopped off his head because this style of photography is called "Chopped Suey"

5. Good capture Kevin, I like it, but yea... crop out the figure on the left and leave as much negative space as possible to the left of the right side smoking man. Maybe even bring down the top to make it a square crop... I think that would be quite nice.

6. jmmtn4aj

jmmtn4aj

Apr 12, 2007
    Singapore
    I think standing further to the right to compress the two subjects would have looked better. The gap is distracting because it's right in the middle of the image bordered by two subjects to the left and to the right..

7. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

I agree is would be better if the guys head was not cut in half, but it is still a good street photo.

8. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    That is funny. :biggrin: