A bridge in IR

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Elf_8, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Still trying to tame the variables of this IR setup.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Christian both of them are very nice.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OWOWOWOWOWOW

oUTSTANDING. lOVE THE COLORS.

4. I like them both. They are quite striking.

5. Thank you ! The human figure in #2 is... me ! Not that I am that egocentric - hope not !, but I found that a human being in a scene is sometimes a plus and it doesn't bother anyone if I personify the character.

6. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    I have to go with #2. I like the addition of the human form.
    Love the feel of that one.

7. Christian,

These are beautiful and I wanted to know if you colorized them and how did you do that. Also would you mind sharing your settings on the camera.

Thank you,

8. Melissa, thank you for your comments. I'm glad you liked them. There is quite a bit of PS postprocessing involved that I learned essentially from Benoit G. who has posted his "recipy" here on NikonCafe.
    You will find it in this thread.
    I use the Hoya R72 filter. The camera is set on a tripod because of the long exposure time (you can shorten it by using a higher ISO; this will eventually lead to a coarser grain or noise, which may be a part of the effect pursued).
    Don't hesitate to ask me any further question if Benoit's explanations were insufficient.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Wow

Christian, WOW, those are killer shots. I love them both. :smile: :smile: