A Bridge Too Far

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by nfoto, Aug 19, 2005.

1. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Found this image when I cleaned out my scratch disk

So, I saved a copy before the scratch disk was wiped clean.

2. Interesting, minimalistic shot, Bjørn. I think it'd make a great wallhanging in a contemporary decor! :) Glad you found, saved and shared it!

3. nfoto

nfoto Guest

More interesting from my point of view, and some food for thought, is that this image is 30 years old (I found the scanned slide later and checked the date stamping on it).

4. You had a good eye thirty years ago and it is just as good today. Well done image.

5. I like it Bjørn. This is certainly different from our normal fare here - thanks for helping to expand our horizons.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have to echo Kevin.

this is a great image. I like it.

7. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Nice Photo!

Scary as this may sound, that looks like the type of image I would have printed large, framed and hanging here in my home office. My Desk is black with a grey top, the other furniture is black including the celiing fan, and I have an Epson 2200 which is silver and black.

Oh, and the only art I have on the walls... black and white. Just one exception... my color photo of ex NY Ranger hockey goalie Mike Richter, in a black frame :lol:

Joe

8. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Great picture
    Gives you space to make your own story behind it

9. marek

marek Guest

Bjorn,
    you don't remember technique / film / processing by any chance do you? Looks like an interesting effect.

10. nfoto

nfoto Guest

That was some thirty years ago and my Nikon F did not have EXIF to jog my memory :)

I'm certain it was shot using my "normal" lens at that time, which was the 24/2.8 Nikkor. On Kodachrome II, sometime late in the day or at twilight, with a grazing setting sun, and an exposure obviously way off the mark. Sometimes it's right to get it wrong.

11. Cool! I like it.

12. Nice graphic design