A bumper crop of ospreys

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Baxter, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    [​IMG]

Got down to the dam for the first time in ages. Looks like the ospreys have been very successful breeding this year. Saw as many as six birds in the air at the same time, but they stayed high in the air most of the time. This is the only halfway decent shot I got. Didn't see anyone fishing, but they sure had fun chasing vultures - at one point three ospreys left the nest at the same time to break up a flock of vultures innocently soaring on the thermals overhead.

[​IMG]

I loaned my tripod head to a friend so I was messing around today with a cheap monopod that I braced against my waist. I used the monopod's lanyard to create a second brace point around my neck. I tipped the ballhead over sideways and rotated the camera in the lens cuff. I was surprised how well it worked and it was easy to move around and change positions.

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I'll bet that was awesome to see in person. I take it Ospreys don't like Vultures? Nice images.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shots
    Sounds like a great time for the ospreys practicing:>)))) being a pita, to the vultures

4. Nice Catch with the Vulture, Sounds like a great shooting area.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.