A bunch from Bosque!

Well, I'm back from my first trip to Bosque. Wow! What a place, what opportunities! Rather than pepper you folks with multiple threads I decided to post a random sampling of what I got while there. All were taken with the D2X and 500 combo with the exception of the Pheasant which as I recall used the 70-200 =TC1.4. I've still got tons of images to wade through.

Dave

Oops! Forgot one!

Web_DSC3463-SHC-IF.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ferruginous Hawk

View attachment 19964

Pin Tail Drake

View attachment 19965

Sand Hill Cranes In Flight

View attachment 19966

Sand Hill Cranes coming in at Sunset to roost

View attachment 19967

Ring-Necked Pheasant displaying for me

View attachment 19968

Snow Goose Blast off

View attachment 19969

More Sand Hills at Sunset

View attachment 19970

Last edited by a moderator:
Man O Man

How I miss this place.

I may just have to take 4 days in December and get my butt down there.

Thanks for making me JEALOUS!

B

bfjr

I've been hearing how I have to go to this place and your images show me why!!

Really nice work.

Nice set of images. The pheasant is excellent. When did you went to bosque? I was just back from there myself, was there from 22nd to 26th.

--ricardo

Ricardo,

I was there from the 11th through the 16th and it looks like I'll be spending 3 days there in mid-December as well.

I should correct my intial post to say that the Pheasant image was taken with the 500mm AFS hand-held - not something I even try very often. Circumstances dictated some quick action though!

Here's a few more for your review!

Web_DSC4256-SHC-IF-16x20.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 19972
View attachment 19973
View attachment 19974
View attachment 19975

NIce shots you got there.. Man one of these days I just have to get out there.. Humm, maybe over Christmas break here at work.. hummmm

BTW The second shot of the hawk is most likely a Red Tail hawk.. The Ferruginous Hawk is more white and grey in color...

Desert Rat said:
NIce shots you got there.. Man one of these days I just have to get out there.. Humm, maybe over Christmas break here at work.. hummmm

BTW The second shot of the hawk is most likely a Red Tail hawk.. The Ferruginous Hawk is more white and grey in color...

Eric,

You DEFINITELY should hit Bosque! It is quite a treat!!

BTW - the hawk images are of the same hawk! :wink:

Dave

Eric,

I don't know what's going on but I can only see one hawk image? I sure won't profess to be a an ID expert by any stretch of the imagination either!

Dave

Very nice set Dave. Probably the best variety of shots that I've seen from Bosque. :smile:

Thank you Randy and Frank. Now, if we can only nail down what type of hawk it is I'll be happy!

I'm going to try hard for Bobcat next week. I'll need more luck than I currently have I think!

Dave

Please pardon my ignorance, but are we talking about the Bosque Redondo south of Albuquerque, New Mexico?

The word "Bosque", by itself, is Spanish for a "swampy place" if I recall correctly. There are many bosques throughout the old Spanish Southwest.

So when you just say "Bosque" I'm confused.

Pa,

I believe that this is Bosque del Apache.

Pa said:
Please pardon my ignorance, but are we talking about the Bosque Redondo south of Albuquerque, New Mexico?

The word "Bosque", by itself, is Spanish for a "swampy place" if I recall correctly. There are many bosques throughout the old Spanish Southwest.

So when you just say "Bosque" I'm confused.

Latest threads

Top Bottom