A burst of color, sun, blue skies, and oddly enough, flash.

As much as I like natural light, there's something professional about flash light (like..duh), if you know how to use it right. I'm not there yet, but I'm practicing.

Here the sun were to the side, so I didn't have to compete so much with the sun, more like using it to my advantage, besides the skies look better and bluer this way.

Helps having spunky, energetic models. I picked out a pretty high-contrast editing, it fit the photos the most. I think I went overboard with the vignetting. I wanted the pics to look modern and a bit fashion like. Not sure if I succeeded. LOL

I never removed that 50mm off my camera so...it's what I used.
Exposure:1/5000 at f/2.5
Flash:Fired, compulsory mode, return light not detected
Exposure bias:0 EV
Exposure mode:Manual
Exposure prog.:Manual
ISO speed:ISO 200
Metering mode:Center-weighted average

p962508260-5.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p681098007-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 865056

I think you did a great job, Linda! I really like the contrast and don't think that you did too much on the vignette. The low angle is excellent. Flash blends very nicely. The only things I would change (and they are small things) is recrop #2 to get his finger in and straighten #3 a little.

Thanks V !

Yeah those are all in-camera crops and it's just for practice flash in strong sun-light, and it was fun actually, gotta do it again. We get a lot of sun down here, as you know. Weird angles are popular nowadays. I wish I could find some fun surfer folks to do this with instead, that'd be fun. If you know anyone in my area, send them my way. :)

After just moving from Indiana, I am really enjoying the sun! You're close enough to the beach it shouldn't be a problem finding anyone. Grab a few friends and go shoot on the beach - you might get a few people asking for cards!

Thanks Kent :)

Yes Russ, due to higher shutter speed options. Off camera I can only get up to 320 or so, which makes it real difficult, unless I set the camera on Aperture 10+ but I wanted to blur the background.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom