A Busy Few Days

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, Aug 16, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Yesterday I finished framing 4 pieces for entry into the annual juried show at an art society near home.

Tonight I have to shoot a wedding for a co-worker...and I don't do weddings. Can you say nervous?

This morning one of m,y front teeth cracked a big chip out of it...so I glued the sucker back in so I didn't look stupider than usual this evening....

And then I found this comment on my p-base site which makes it all a whole lot betterer....

"Dad the pics are awsome... Im so proud that you do such a great job and so glad ur my dad.. Thanks for the pics to decorate in my apartment... Luv ya
    Abbey"

With all that is going on....this made my day!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I can certainly see why. :wink:

Ouch!! on the tooth. :?

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    1) your entries are going to do great in the juried show!

2) you'll do an awesome job shooting the wedding because you shoot nothing less than superb work.

3) get thee to a dentist before that sucker really starts to hurt!

4) you have one special kid there and it's nice to see she appreciates her dad! how lucky you are.

Have fun tonight and know we'll all be rooting for you w/your juried entries!

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Hi Jim,

I forget! Do you shoot weddings with the 500mm and the 1.4TC or just the 500mm? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you do well at the show,
    Bob

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Wedding Lenses

A) Nope...not gonna bring the 500 or the TC :)

I am bringing a 17-35 AFS, 28-70 AFS, 105 f2.5 AIS and I fugure that that ought to do me as the reception is in close quarters...therefore I won't neeed the 500 :)

7. Good luck on the juried show, with your great images you should do very well.

Such a neat comment from your daughter.

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Yep, Jim, quite often comments from the kids can turn an otherwise dreary, rotten day into something special and memorable. Get that tooth fixed and good luck in the contest! No need to wish you luck on the wedding shoot - you'll do fine!

9. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    A Horrible Thought

As the ceremony portion of this wedding is going to be outside and I'm not planing on bringing the 500.....what do I do if some big, beautiful raptor flies into range?????????????????????????????????????????????/

I wonder if I'd look funny (not that I don't usually anyway) wearing the 600 AW while shooting the wedding...

hmmmmmmmmmmm :)

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Take the 500 just for fun..

Good luck on both events.

Kudos to "DAD" :>)))))

11. Hey Jim,

Take a deep breath and just get at it. You're a Pro in every sense of the word! Now go and do what you know how to do, take beautiful pictures!

Can't wait to see a couple.

12. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Hmmm, Jim are you trying to get a free "You know you're a redneck when you glue back in your own chipped teeth" T-shirt?