A Busy Few Days

Yesterday I finished framing 4 pieces for entry into the annual juried show at an art society near home.

Tonight I have to shoot a wedding for a co-worker...and I don't do weddings. Can you say nervous?

This morning one of m,y front teeth cracked a big chip out of it...so I glued the sucker back in so I didn't look stupider than usual this evening....

And then I found this comment on my p-base site which makes it all a whole lot betterer....

"Dad the pics are awsome... Im so proud that you do such a great job and so glad ur my dad.. Thanks for the pics to decorate in my apartment... Luv ya
Abbey"

With all that is going on....this made my day!

1) your entries are going to do great in the juried show!

2) you'll do an awesome job shooting the wedding because you shoot nothing less than superb work.

3) get thee to a dentist before that sucker really starts to hurt!

4) you have one special kid there and it's nice to see she appreciates her dad! how lucky you are.

Have fun tonight and know we'll all be rooting for you w/your juried entries!

Hi Jim,

I forget! Do you shoot weddings with the 500mm and the 1.4TC or just the 500mm? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you do well at the show,
Bob

Wedding Lenses

A) Nope...not gonna bring the 500 or the TC :)

I am bringing a 17-35 AFS, 28-70 AFS, 105 f2.5 AIS and I fugure that that ought to do me as the reception is in close quarters...therefore I won't neeed the 500 :)

Yep, Jim, quite often comments from the kids can turn an otherwise dreary, rotten day into something special and memorable. Get that tooth fixed and good luck in the contest! No need to wish you luck on the wedding shoot - you'll do fine!

A Horrible Thought

As the ceremony portion of this wedding is going to be outside and I'm not planing on bringing the 500.....what do I do if some big, beautiful raptor flies into range?????????????????????????????????????????????/

I wonder if I'd look funny (not that I don't usually anyway) wearing the 600 AW while shooting the wedding...

hmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Hey Jim,

Take a deep breath and just get at it. You're a Pro in every sense of the word! Now go and do what you know how to do, take beautiful pictures!

Can't wait to see a couple.

Hmmm, Jim are you trying to get a free "You know you're a redneck when you glue back in your own chipped teeth" T-shirt?

Latest threads

Top Bottom