A Cafe Member Photo session...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Greetings all:
    Just thought I would drop in to let your know that I had the Great Luck to photograph one of your members and his family.

Dave and his family were great to work with as I fumbled around and tried to read my camera manual and figure out what button to push...

I know one of these days I really plan on figuring out what all these darn buttons and setting dooooooo.:smile:

Hope you enjoy.... I know I had fun doing it....

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Doug, I wish I were half as good as you...
    Nice job

3. Thanks Dave....
    Being good at something is really a relative thing... I look at what I do and think... Darn if I could just get my images as good as what I see on this borad and others all the time.
    So I guess we are all just moving along and trying our best to do as good as we can.
    But thanks for your kind words.

4. Excellent image my friend and a unique way to present it. I like it a lot.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    What a warm, feeling family shot. Wish you could come down and get some great pics of Patrick and myself with our 2 boys! Thanks for sharing and I'm sure Dave and his family are going to be VERY, VERY pleased with that one!

6. Hi Gordon:
    The presentation might not be the normal fair... But what the heck.... When you get me you also have to put up with the strange things I do to images....lol
    Hope all is well on your end... Things are starting to get cool here at night. so I'm guessing winter will not be to far off.

7. Hi Leigh:
    Yes its to bad we live so far apart. I'm sure we could have a fun day together. Some times this world is just to big... Mind you some times it's a little small also....lol

8. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Doug,
    What a great picture. I recognize them and bet they already have this one framed. That is such a unique way to make the picture more interesting. I really like it. It's an idea that I'd like to try (when I learn PS)

Thanks for sharing it with us,

Gaye

9. I sense them so present to you. They look open, confident, sharing the fun of the moment. It's a warm portrait they will cherish.

10. Hi Gaye:
    I'm pritty sure it's not framed as I just mailed a small copy to Dave last night after I finished it.
    I hope to see him again in a few weeks so we will see at that timwe waht he wants to do with it.
    Thanks again for the kind words and now that summer is over it's tim e for you to get working on your PS stuff.

11. Thanks Elf:
    In my mind a portrat should be as natural as possible and this one (sort) of turned out that way.

12. I sure wish I coudl think outside the box liek you do Doug. I always look forward to your next post