A Cannal On Mars

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by CraigH., Mar 26, 2005.

1. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Dimage7 89b filter
    original.

2. WOW.............Talk about Fantasy Land.....your shot is magnificent!! Looks like somthing you would see in a movie like Lord of the Rings!! WOW!! Good going!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thankyou Dawg. I try. :)

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Most IR shots don't do anything for me, but I really
    like this one. The only thing I would say is maybe
    a little rotation ccw.

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Ah , I see. thankyou Todd for commenting. :)

6. wow this one's a beauty Craig! Is this the way the color looked straight out of the camera, or did you fiddle with it at all?

I am never that taken with B&W IR, but I love these color IR photos.

7. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Hi Janet. it comes out of the camera very red from the filter. I desaturate the red color to taste. What you see is whats left after reducing red. Also some minor levels or contrast adjustments.
    thankyou for commenting. :)

8. nfoto

nfoto Guest

IR has no colour as such, so we are free to assign whichever colour suitable for the image.This isn't "fiddling" because that signifies something has a true (colour) rendition, and so is not the case for IR.

Many digital cameras respond to near-IR mainly in the red channel and getting acceptable colour balance from this is not always possible. Converting the image to b/w or monochrome with a colour cast is often better.

When a really dense IR filter is deployed over the lens, you will ordinary get a nearly monochrome image anyway.

9. Well composed and taken. Colors are impressive.