A Cannal On Mars

Dimage7 89b filter
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WOW.............Talk about Fantasy Land.....your shot is magnificent!! Looks like somthing you would see in a movie like Lord of the Rings!! WOW!! Good going!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

wow this one's a beauty Craig! Is this the way the color looked straight out of the camera, or did you fiddle with it at all?

I am never that taken with B&W IR, but I love these color IR photos.

jczinn said:
wow this one's a beauty Craig! Is this the way the color looked straight out of the camera, or did you fiddle with it at all?

I am never that taken with B&W IR, but I love these color IR photos.
Hi Janet. it comes out of the camera very red from the filter. I desaturate the red color to taste. What you see is whats left after reducing red. Also some minor levels or contrast adjustments.
thankyou for commenting. :)

N

nfoto

IR has no colour as such, so we are free to assign whichever colour suitable for the image.This isn't "fiddling" because that signifies something has a true (colour) rendition, and so is not the case for IR.

Many digital cameras respond to near-IR mainly in the red channel and getting acceptable colour balance from this is not always possible. Converting the image to b/w or monochrome with a colour cast is often better.

When a really dense IR filter is deployed over the lens, you will ordinary get a nearly monochrome image anyway.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom