1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A 'cat' day

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Desmond, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Today I was practicing shooting manual but was twice interrupted by cats .
    In the morning next to this building I heard this strange "baby witha stomach ache " noise . I went around the corner and found these two who seemed to be arguing about territory claims ....

manual1068.

Later on in town I heard this "cry for help" from the roof/awning of this shop and quickly snapped a picture ...

manual1076.

I couldn't see a way to help it down and considered reversing my van up the sidewalk to climb on top . Then I decided to go into the shop and heard the shop owner talking to another lady and the word ''cat'' caught my attention - she looked over at me and asked "Have you also come to tell me about the cat ?" . Apparently the cat can get down easily but does this often for attention !:smile:

I also got these shots in manual mode which I am starting to get used to now ...

manual2011.

this one makes me want to fall over .

manual2014.

2. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Do you mind, sir? We're busy. I like the jowly tomcats with the repeating lines.

Manual exposure is your friend. Keep it up!

3. I learned more yesterday than I usually learn in a year of shooting in auto mode ! Switching between metering modes to see how each would handle it and seeing how much out the different modes can be - it was good .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.