A 'cat' day

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Desmond, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Today I was practicing shooting manual but was twice interrupted by cats .
    In the morning next to this building I heard this strange "baby witha stomach ache " noise . I went around the corner and found these two who seemed to be arguing about territory claims ....

manual1068.jpg

Later on in town I heard this "cry for help" from the roof/awning of this shop and quickly snapped a picture ...

manual1076.jpg

I couldn't see a way to help it down and considered reversing my van up the sidewalk to climb on top . Then I decided to go into the shop and heard the shop owner talking to another lady and the word ''cat'' caught my attention - she looked over at me and asked "Have you also come to tell me about the cat ?" . Apparently the cat can get down easily but does this often for attention !:smile:

I also got these shots in manual mode which I am starting to get used to now ...

manual2011.jpg

this one makes me want to fall over .

manual2014.jpg

2. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Do you mind, sir? We're busy. I like the jowly tomcats with the repeating lines.

Manual exposure is your friend. Keep it up!

3. I learned more yesterday than I usually learn in a year of shooting in auto mode ! Switching between metering modes to see how each would handle it and seeing how much out the different modes can be - it was good .