Critique A Cereus Study

I believe I have posted these images separately before.
Local art show this weekend- I actually forgot about it (and I am on the board.)
Getting a couple things together last minute to get framed.
This image has been leaning on my easel for a while. Amazing to me how to images that are exactly the same, except for color, look so different. Sometimes even different sizes.
I added a border quickly so it would display the way it will hang- all the borders will be equal once framed.
I thought this was different and interesting. Will be interesting how the judges see it.
gary

catus flower 12103.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I don't know about the judges, but I consider it fine art and like it a great deal. It would cause me to stop and study the images.

Thanks, I found it a very interesting image to study. The two images change differently in the light and at times there seems to be no way they are the same.
I like it. Judge didn't. That is ok.
As I have learned in juried or judged shows- once you get to a certain level these are just opinions. Get a different judge, get a different outcome.
Really art is just an opinion. This particular judge was actually pretty good at discussing his thought process.
I can not complain too much- my second piece took 3rd. This is a mixed media show, and this was the only photograph in the top 10 out of about 130 pieces.
I still like this one.
gary

I remember at least one of these images and perhaps both. It's great to be able to view them again, especially side-by-side!

Get a different judge, get a different outcome.

Decades ago my mother took a class that taught how to estimate the value of commercial real estate. It was team-taught by two teachers. Using the exact same data about the same property, the two teachers came up with wildly different estimates.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom