A challenge to Nikon photographers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Yeah, Daniella is some piece of work. She can sure shoot ok, but what a Canon troll.

2. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
  3. Thanks for your one sanity post to that thread Uncle Frank. I spend less and less time on dpreview just for the reason of daniella's post and other like it. Ugghhhh.

4. I shouldn't have looked

I shouldn't have looked - It gets my blood pressure raised and nowadays I leave nasty comments. It's like a kind of a troll rage. I'm sticking here.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    C'mon guys ...

She loves her camera and (almost) never posted on our ex-forum, so I wouldn't call her a troll. I always expect the weird when I visit DPR's 'Open Forum'. It's truely free speach gone schitzo.

She's got a good eye, but with that post, moron is about right. Sampling 'hundreds' of Pbase sites can hardly be called 'scientific' polling.

However, her point may have some validity: One's shooting style does influence what equipment one uses. This extends, I believe, to DSLR brand choice. I chose to get a D100 after carefully comparing a few cameras, based on several factors, one being how easy it was to shoot a couple of types of photos I do. Namely handheld macro-photography and very low light with high ISO photography. Nikon won both rounds, and I was surprised as I had shot Canon for years in the FD era, AND the popular opinion was that the Canon 10D was the camera to use for low light.

If anyone is curious about that choice(now nearly a year and a half ago) I blogged it: http://radio.weblogs.com/0101365/2003/09/08.html

6. Hmmm, maybe I need a pbase account....

Yup, the D70 is one crappy camera and only good for snapshots.

DSC0069Crop.

Can't use it with a 500mm lens:

DSC0096Rot2Crop.

And especially not with a TC14E attached:

DSC0106Crop.

So what do you think...

DSC0122Crop.

Should I bother posting these "snapshots" of my "pets"

DSC0145RotateCrop.

with the combo she couldn't find?

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Perfect response Bill. :lol: :lol:

Here are some of my pets with the D70:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a boob.... :roll:

Frank

8. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    She makes me willing to go and buy D70 :)

9. Do you make it a habit to find subjects with expressions, #1, that look like Harris :?: :?: :?: :?:

As to your last comment, were you referring to the last bird, or to her?

10. It was an .........

entertaining post by Daniella. Not sure well thought out but as to Chris said dont think she is a troll. Obviously I dont concur with what she was trying to get at. I luv her IR pics but interesting to note all the pics I like of hers did not come out of a Canon. LOL............but a Dimage, who would have thought..... :wink: Oh well the drama continues....... LOL

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Let's not invite her here, K?

12. Somebody noticed

I complained to Phil about the most recent DPR troll thread "where is Nikon?" and it was pulled..or at least I can't find it. I listed known "troll traits" and got blasted with a filthy remark and was accused of reverse trolling, whatever that is.

I also told Phil that I'd had it with the rudeness and hostility over there. I told him I'm moving on but didn't mention this forum specifically, nor will I.

I like it here already.

Rich

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Somebody noticed

And welcome here you are Rich.... :lol: :wink:

Frank