A challenge to Nikon photographers...

I shouldn't have looked

I shouldn't have looked - It gets my blood pressure raised and nowadays I leave nasty comments. It's like a kind of a troll rage. I'm sticking here.

Real Name
Chris
C'mon guys ...

She loves her camera and (almost) never posted on our ex-forum, so I wouldn't call her a troll. I always expect the weird when I visit DPR's 'Open Forum'. It's truely free speach gone schitzo.

She's got a good eye, but with that post, moron is about right. Sampling 'hundreds' of Pbase sites can hardly be called 'scientific' polling.

However, her point may have some validity: One's shooting style does influence what equipment one uses. This extends, I believe, to DSLR brand choice. I chose to get a D100 after carefully comparing a few cameras, based on several factors, one being how easy it was to shoot a couple of types of photos I do. Namely handheld macro-photography and very low light with high ISO photography. Nikon won both rounds, and I was surprised as I had shot Canon for years in the FD era, AND the popular opinion was that the Canon 10D was the camera to use for low light.

If anyone is curious about that choice(now nearly a year and a half ago) I blogged it: http://radio.weblogs.com/0101365/2003/09/08.html

Hmmm, maybe I need a pbase account....

Yup, the D70 is one crappy camera and only good for snapshots.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Can't use it with a 500mm lens:

And especially not with a TC14E attached:

So what do you think...

Should I bother posting these "snapshots" of my "pets"

with the combo she couldn't find?

Perfect response Bill. :lol: :lol:

Here are some of my pets with the D70:

What a boob.... :roll:

Frank

Flew said:
Perfect response Bill. :lol: :lol:

Here are some of my pets with the D70:

Images Snipped...

What a boob.... :roll:

Frank
Do you make it a habit to find subjects with expressions, #1, that look like Harris :?: :?: :?: :?:

As to your last comment, were you referring to the last bird, or to her?

It was an .........

entertaining post by Daniella. Not sure well thought out but as to Chris said dont think she is a troll. Obviously I dont concur with what she was trying to get at. I luv her IR pics but interesting to note all the pics I like of hers did not come out of a Canon. LOL............but a Dimage, who would have thought..... :wink: Oh well the drama continues....... LOL

Somebody noticed

I complained to Phil about the most recent DPR troll thread "where is Nikon?" and it was pulled..or at least I can't find it. I listed known "troll traits" and got blasted with a filthy remark and was accused of reverse trolling, whatever that is.

I also told Phil that I'd had it with the rudeness and hostility over there. I told him I'm moving on but didn't mention this forum specifically, nor will I.

I like it here already.

Rich

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom