A Choice to Make

Hey Everybirdy,

Got my big FOUR-OH coming up and the Mrs. asks which I would rather have. Eventually of course, I'll get the alternate as well, but since I have to pick one......:rolleyes: hmmm.
I'm choosing between a hand held hard drive (probably a Hyperdrive 60GB) or an external hard drive (at least a 400GB).

I don't have ay vacation coming up where the hand held will be used just yet. I am piling up images in my current primary hard drive as well as burning stacks of DVD's. Hmmmmm..decisions, decisions!
Any thoughts?

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Thomas
Happy impending Bday!
I would opt for the external in a 500GB flavor and move all of your images over from your primary HD. This will free up you system and speed up things as well.
Dave

Need double back-up
External drives are great
I have 2-200gig.
But they are filling up to fast.
So I would go bigger x2 next time.
DVD and CD's take over the house

Seagate Free Agent Pro

I just bought two of the 750 GB Free Agents Pros and I'm pleased as can be with them.

So much so that as soon as I empty my 300 and 400 Seagate externals, I'll be selling them here :)

I just bought two of the 750 GB Free Agents Pros and I'm pleased as can be with them.

So much so that as soon as I empty my 300 and 400 Seagate externals, I'll be selling them here :)

Ya don't say? :rolleyes: hmmmmmm......

Thanks for the input MIke and Jim! I think I"m going for the 750GB so as not to have to worry about space for a while. It sounds like setting it up should be a snap...I hope. I'm entering an area of no experience here, might have to pick some brains once I get around to ordering this puppy! :wink:

External HD -- no-brainer here! :smile:

Nothing to setting one up: just plug it in and start copying or moving over your files. (At least that is my experience with the LaCie external HDs and G-Tech G-Drive external HDs I use on my Macs. I don't think that any drivers are required for Windows machines unless you're using WIN 98 or older.)

500gb

Just hooked up my 500Gb Seagate FreeAgent. Just like it said, less than 2 miutes to hook up and I've been uploading ever since! :biggrin:

Another "plus" I thought I'd pass along, I bought it on buy.com for $128.00, that's after receiving $10 off for joining Google Check-out. The 750GB was around $280. The price was right, even if it is a bit smaller storage.

The very first thing to do is to STOP buring to DVDs. Get out of this method as soon as you can. contary to popular belief, DVDs have a surprising short life span. You might find that some of your data is seriously corrupted - I certianly did. Take a look at the Maxtor external drive line. I have several stacked together and they are very inexpensive. Give Newegg a try to saving some bucks. I also enjoy the hyperdive lines. I have two of the new ones, and one generation one. The later seldom sees daylight, but I still take it to Africa along with the others.

Cheers

Thanks Randy. appreciate your input. Been reading some, about that subject, a creature of habit at the moment but once I decide on a comfortable and efficient alternative for me I'll certainly make the switch.

Latest threads

Top Bottom