1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A cold day at the Falls.

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Bohdan, Jan 9, 2018.

1. My wife and I decided to check out the ice at Niagara falls. Cold with the mist but not as frozen as a week ago"
    Frozen%20Niagara%20B%26W1925-X2.
    NIKON D850    35.0 mm f/1.4    35mm    f/8.0    1/500s    ISO 100

Frozen%20Niagara%201947-X2.
    NIKON D850    35.0 mm f/1.4    35mm    f/8.0    1/400s    ISO 100

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bart

Bart

Sep 20, 2009
    Looking fantastic, Bohdan!
    Wonderful scenery and b&w conversions.

3. Black & White does the trick here Bob. Hope you enjoyed yourselves. I almost made the trip on Sunday but then the forecast called for some weather so I bailed on the idea. Based on your photos I wish I could have made it work.

4. Impressive, Bohdan.

5. The first one is a wonderful use of foreground, scale, multiple elements in the scene that complement each other and conversion to monochrome.

6. I like these images, thanks for sharing.

7. Wonderful b&w, Bohdan! I love the comp, detail, and contrasts in #1 and the whole mood of #2!

8. jlcastano

jlcastano

Aug 27, 2013
    Spain
    I love the first.

9. #2 is great, one lone, bare tree defying winter!

10. thanks very much Bart.
    Wasn't so bad yesterday Brian temperature wise...We were hoping for more of a freeze but the warmer temperature served to break up some of the ice formations.
    Thanks John
    Thanks Mike..I liked the composition when I first looked from this perspective.
    Thanks Gordon and you're welcome
    Thanks Dossy glad the you liked them.
    Thanks very much.
    I liked the tree very much standing alone against the elements. This was just one of a number of shots of this tree from a number of different angles.

11. Nice work, I guess Maid of the Mist was not out.

Cheers

12. LOL...I think they could have had her on skis.

13. Those are great, I can feel the cold. #1 is my fav.

14. thanks for the feedback Binnur

15. Very well done Bob, B&W really works on these images. Looks far too cold for me.

16. Thanks Louis...It was a damp cold. Much colder a few days before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.