A cold day at the Falls.

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Bohdan, Jan 9, 2018.

1. My wife and I decided to check out the ice at Niagara falls. Cold with the mist but not as frozen as a week ago"
    Frozen%20Niagara%20B%26W1925-X2.jpg

Frozen%20Niagara%201947-X2.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bart

Bart

Sep 20, 2009
    Looking fantastic, Bohdan!
    Wonderful scenery and b&w conversions.

3. Black & White does the trick here Bob. Hope you enjoyed yourselves. I almost made the trip on Sunday but then the forecast called for some weather so I bailed on the idea. Based on your photos I wish I could have made it work.

4. Impressive, Bohdan.

5. The first one is a wonderful use of foreground, scale, multiple elements in the scene that complement each other and conversion to monochrome.

6. I like these images, thanks for sharing.

7. Wonderful b&w, Bohdan! I love the comp, detail, and contrasts in #1 and the whole mood of #2!

8. jlcastano

jlcastano

Aug 27, 2013
    Spain
    I love the first.

9. #2 is great, one lone, bare tree defying winter!

10. thanks very much Bart.
    Wasn't so bad yesterday Brian temperature wise...We were hoping for more of a freeze but the warmer temperature served to break up some of the ice formations.
    Thanks John
    Thanks Mike..I liked the composition when I first looked from this perspective.
    Thanks Gordon and you're welcome
    Thanks Dossy glad the you liked them.
    Thanks very much.
    I liked the tree very much standing alone against the elements. This was just one of a number of shots of this tree from a number of different angles.

11. Nice work, I guess Maid of the Mist was not out.

Cheers

12. LOL...I think they could have had her on skis.

13. Those are great, I can feel the cold. #1 is my fav.

14. thanks for the feedback Binnur

15. Very well done Bob, B&W really works on these images. Looks far too cold for me.

16. Thanks Louis...It was a damp cold. Much colder a few days before.