A Colorful Floral Montage

Here are a couple of versions of a composition I did today. The first image is the original montage, the second, an anisotropic version and the third is an animated gif. I thought it would be fun to post all three so you could compare the effects and the image quality.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Original Montage
68895946.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Anisotropic Version of the Original
68895947.jpg

Animated gif (Note the loss of quality you get with a gif)
68896075.gif

Striking

Very striking Virginia - fabulous colours and a great idea.

Best wishes

Ray

Great montage Virginia love the colours, the aniso version is nice but the colours are a bit more muted so the first one gets my thumbs up

Palms

Excellent Victoria!! I really like the bold colours of the first, and think the grid pattern works very well with this!!:smile:

Thanks Ray, Palms and Robert.
The colors of fall can be intense.

I was surprised to learn how the anisotropic action muted the colors. For the texture here I actually used two PS texture filter on the same layer. Anybody else doing this?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Very nice Virginia
When in the filter gallery i combine many filters at times right in the filter gallery which keeps them on the same layer
At the bottom when you click on that little folder looking thing it dups the filter your using. So then you just pick a different one and it will replace the duped one. So now you have two filters combined.
I have all the filter lined up in there on that right side. So have the choice of turning off and on different one to see the effects of combining.
Did that make any sence to you..
If not call me on skype...lolol
Not to good at writing these instrustions. grrrrr

Very nice Virginia
When in the filter gallery i combine many filters at times right in the filter gallery which keeps them on the same layer
At the bottom when you click on that little folder looking thing it dups the filter your using. So then you just pick a different one and it will replace the duped one. So now you have two filters combined.
I have all the filter lined up in there on that right side. So have the choice of turning off and on different one to see the effects of combining.
Did that make any sence to you..
If not call me on skype...lolol
Not to good at writing these instrustions. grrrrr

Huhh................?
I'll have to Skype you later!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Love these colors.

I like how you found another dimension - time.

Have you ever thought about doing one of these to a time lapse? Say, a flower opening?

Love the first one Virginia -- really nice combination! Have been away in Maine for a week, so have a lot of NC viewing to catch up on!! :biggrin:

Thanks, Mark, Peter, Melissa, Beezle, Serrator and Diane.

Ed, you are the master of time series imagery. Maybe you should try one. I loved the flower opening series you did.

Diane, welcome back. I'm sure it was fun to have a change and get away fromthe computer for a while. I will certainly look forward to seeing your pics. Did you use that new P & S much?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

It was and I did but also hauled the 30D . . . just couldn't bare to leave it behind! If I come up with anything worth posting, will do. :smile:

Diane, welcome back. I'm sure it was fun to have a change and get away fromthe computer for a while. I will certainly look forward to seeing your pics. Did you use that new P & S much?

Virginia
aka beaucamera[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Ann. I'm glad you enjoyed the anisotropic version. I was surprised by how muted the colors became when using this technique.

Diane, I'm sure you've got some good pics from your vacation, but the task of going through them may be overwhelming. Good luck!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Latest threads

Top Bottom