A couple flower shots

I do not know what this little flower is but, I thought it was pretty.

I shot this handheld but, may try to shoot again with the tripod.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here is one more little flower

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These were taken with my new 105!

Both very nice shots Mark. It is amazing how the texture of flowers looks so different when magnified as compared with what we normally see from a distance.

Looks like you have a winner with that 105. :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the comments. I know these are not award winning shots or anything. Just having fun with my new 105. I always wondered why people took pics of flowers and birds but, now I love taking pics of flowers and birds. It is strange how things change over your life.

Side note: I used to hate the taste of shrimp when I was a young but, now I love shrimp! What is the point you ask?: Tastes and attitudes change over time.

I need to get a book on Flowers of Texas and a book on Birds of Texas and one more - a book on Bugs of Texas and try to learn some of things I take pictures of. I am truly inspired by some of the bird and flower shots that other Nikonians have shown on this website. Everyday, I see just some awesome shots from some of you. Keep Posting!

Mark,
Thought I answered this. Guess I forgot the submit button again !!!!

Those are very beautiful Flowers. Rare to see such a nice blue.

which 105 are those shot with..just ordered a Sigma 105 2.8 macro....cant wait to get true closeups instead of zomming in and cropping...

Tim

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom