A Couple From New Orleans (New Image added)

The Frozen Tundra...aka south of the Twin Cities,
Took my wife down to New Orleans to get away from the Minnesota winter doldrums and enjoy a little creole food and post Mardi Gras fun...Here are a couple I recently finished working on...shot in RAW with post done using Silver Efex Pro 2. More to come.

Cabildo
1237298037_tJ2na-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

He is Risen
1246791678_GYndM-XL.jpg

Shadows of our Former Selves
1247912716_JrZ5s-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have almost been to New Orleans three times - unfortunately medical issues/Icelandic volcanoes/adverse weather have conspired against us. Maybe soon.

Your second picture has made me want to visit again badly and is the sort of picture I wish I saw but rarely do. A great capture.

Chris

Great Pictures! I love the first shot! I agree with Olshroom 2nd pic is eerie, but in a great way!
I got away from MN; haven't been back in 13 years! Living in NM now!

Great shots!
Fantastic tones in no.1. Really like the composition.

The projected shadow of no.2 is very cool. Nicely seen!

I like how you've selected the framing/composition so carefully, it works really well in both shots.

In the 2nd one, the contrast between the point of focus and the main subject also works beautifully.

The Frozen Tundra...aka south of the Twin Cities,
We have almost been to New Orleans three times - unfortunately medical issues/Icelandic volcanoes/adverse weather have conspired against us. Maybe soon.

Your second picture has made me want to visit again badly and is the sort of picture I wish I saw but rarely do. A great capture.

Chris
Thanks Chris...I happened to turn around as we were on an evening Vampire Tour and thought it was too good to pass up.

Neat photo's. Number two has a eerie quality to it.
It reflects the mood of the tour we were on...

That's a cool take on the shadow on the cathedral.
Thank you!

Great Pictures! I love the first shot! I agree with Olshroom 2nd pic is eerie, but in a great way!
I got away from MN; haven't been back in 13 years! Living in NM now!
talk about a change of extremes! The first picture is actually two buildings...The Cabildo is on the left, and St Louis Cathedral is on the right. They are separated by Pirates Alley, although you can't tell because of the lens compression.

Great composition on these. I love the second one.
Thanks Alan!

Me too! Nice pair!
Thanks Steve!

Great shots!
Fantastic tones in no.1. Really like the composition.

The projected shadow of no.2 is very cool. Nicely seen!

I like how you've selected the framing/composition so carefully, it works really well in both shots.

In the 2nd one, the contrast between the point of focus and the main subject also works beautifully.
Thank you both for the kind words!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom