a couple from the feeder

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mrtac2man, Nov 26, 2005.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    OK trying to capture them in a more natural setting .. then when the are sitting on the feeder... please let me know what you think...
    Blue Jay and friends.(notice the 2 little birds lower left)
    [​IMG]
    Little Woodpecker
    [​IMG]

Tim

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You had a tough background on these Tim and did an excellent job on the exposures. I like the natural setting too. Very nice shots. :smile:

3. Like them, I think the background helps put the birds in context. Bet you had fun getting the autofocus to home in on the right thing:wink:

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    yes it was fun trying to get these 2.. i am liking the natural setting more then when they are on the feeder.. the feeders are closer to the window so getting a little better pic.. going to have to ask Santa for a longer lens or a tc for my 70-200... thanks for looking
    Tim

5. Really like the shot of the blue jay, didnt even see the other two birds until you pointed them out. LOL!! nicely done!

6. Well done, Tim. I especially like the blue jay. A TC will help, but you will lose quite a bit of light and a little bit of sharpness. The light loss isn't as much of an issue with the 70-200VR, but I find it to be considerable with the 300f4 and TC17, especially on cloudy days.