1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Couple from tonight: Baseball (2 More Pictures)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Markb, Jul 30, 2007.

1. I haven't posted here for a while, (was not generally pleased with some of my output), but I can't get better if I don't let people see, can I?

In any event, I've been trying to focus on action shots outside of swinging the bat, mainly trying to get the action at different bases. And, I'm still shooting for the elusive 'ball on bat' shots as well.

Closest 'b on b' so far at tonights game. Gametime was 6:30, there are no lights on the field, and I get to shoot into the sun.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Early in the 1st inning, our guys (light blue), had a successful steal at third:

original.jpg

Enjoy.

I thought I'd add two more pictures for your enjoyment...

This is 'CD'. He's asked for a copy of one of my pictures, so I told him, not to put any pressure on him, that he had to hit the ball first....so he did:biggrin:

original.jpg

Graeme has had a good season, generally getting at least one run per game and a couple of RBI's. Monday night was still good, with one run, two RBI's, but one strike out and an out on a pop fly, captured here....

original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  2. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Excellent captures!

That second image is simply smashing! Bravo!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice work

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are nicely done Mark, tough shooting conditions to deal with but you handled it well. The ball coming off the bat is pretty cool.

5. nice shots! you got the timing down well.

6. Mark I like these, nice detail and contrast on the players in sharp setting sunlight! The cloud of dust in #2 is something else, but the ball right in the runners face is so cool too!

7. Thanks for the comments.

More to come.

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Tough lighting Mark but you did a nice job...I miss baseball already..

9. Thanks Rod.

We're in playoffs now, so we have at least one more game, possibly more if we win on Monday.

10. bender73

bender73 Guest

i love the sliding photo #2

11. Nice shots from what it looks like tough condtions

12. Everybody,

Thanks for the comments.

Frank, Mac, and the rest, I'm trying to work to the standard you guys are setting, and having fun doing it.

And I'm glad that folks are enjoying the pictures.

13. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Mark...exceptional photos, in tough lighting. Most can get good shots in great lighting, but that you produced such good images in this lighting...exceptional!

Wow...you guys (here in the sports section) keep raising the standard, higher and higher. Which is good..it pushes me to keep trying to improve.

14. Hi Mark.

Pretty darn close, I'd say. And you are shooting in tight, which makes timing all the harder. Nice shot of the slide at third.

And I see straight fences!!:smile:

15. Thanks Harry. And yes, I straightened the fences in PP.:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.