A Couple from Yosemite

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RLHodge, Oct 10, 2005.

1. RLHodge

RLHodge

Oct 5, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    My family and I had a great trip to Yosemite this July. Our first time there, it was warmer than expected (downright hot) but still enjoyable. The water falls were still flowing strong because of record snow this past winter.

Here are a few shots from the trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments welcome.

2. Rick these are stunning shots. Great colors and detail and well framed. It brings back memories of our trip there two years ago with the exception there was no water flowing over the falls. It looks like you had a great time.

3. Rick, you have some great photos here. Glad to see you showed the roadway and traffic in #4, one of the reason I seldom visit here anymore.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. This is one of the best shots I've seen of the Half Dome. You deserve kudos for it! It's absolutely stunning.

[​IMG]

4. These shots are very nice. I have not been there since I was a little kid. And that was a long time ago now.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow, I am impressed! I never knew that Yosemite had color. I thought it was one of those places that was black & white. All the pictures I took there in January came out in B&W. :biggrin:
    Very nicely done, and I agree with Virginia that is the best shot I have ever seen of Half dome.
    BTW, when I was there in January they had just gotten 18-20 feet of snow. That my friend was very impressive to see in person and drive around in.

6. Wow, very nice shots indeed, with stunning color. Thanks, Rick.

7. Rick:

Just finished looking at your Yosemite gallery. The images are just fantastic. I will be there next week and I am really psyched. thanks for showing your images.

Gil

8. RLHodge

RLHodge

Oct 5, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks for all your kind comments. There's many great photo opportunities at Yosemite.

I want to return, but this time in the spring, brefore the crowds arrive.

Regards,

9. Great Scenery.....great pictures....another one of those " wish I was there!" times.

Thanks for posting

Bohdan

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi RLHodge

These are some of the nicest images I have seen of Y.

Congrats

Regards

RFC