1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A couple HS Soccer shots

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Otter, Sep 3, 2008.

1. A couple soccer shots from last night. Sun was going down fast...
    Comments appreciated.

Thanks.

_DSC0142.
    Focal Length: 300.0mm (35mm equivalent: 450mm)
    Exposure Time: 0.0020 s (1/500)
    Aperture: f/4.0
    ISO equiv: 800
    Exposure Bias: 0.33
    White Balance: Auto
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure Mode: Manual

View attachment 247262
    Focal Length: 300.0mm (35mm equivalent: 450mm)
    Exposure Time: 0.0016 s (1/640)
    Aperture: f/4.0
    ISO equiv: 800
    Exposure Bias: 0.33
    White Balance: Auto
    Metering Mode: Center Weight
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure Mode: Manual

2. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Its tough when the light starts going.
    Is 800 iso as good as the D200 gets?

3. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    1. i would have cropped the pic tigher on the left and the bottom and left more room on the top....also up the levels and color for some pop

2. i post pics like this in my for sale galleries hoping the parents of the in focus players will buy the shot but i really don't like 2 since i think the player w/ the ball should always be the player in focus

you need a d300 for this stuff if you are shooting at f4.... a little more iso would have enabled you to get to 1/640 and would have resulted in shaper pics and no motion blur (in pic1 the players foot is blurred)

4. Agreed Randy. I'm kinda saving pennies for a used 300/2.8 AF-S though. Although I do keep thinking about higher ISO capabilities with a D300.

I know a guy that shoots with a 40D at this stadium at night at 3200(!) and gets very nice clean images. My D200 is over its limits it seems at ISO 800...

However, that said, I don't think I am getting everything I can out of the D200 either. There's still a lot to learn.

Thanks.

5. Yup, more tough lighting conditions. The D200 certainly has it's limits as you know. As an aside perhaps next time you might try shooting from the end line between the 18 yrd box and corner flag so you get more oncoming action as apposed to profile action. My 2 cents.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.