a couple in Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by hotshot, Sep 29, 2008.

1. hotshot

hotshot

Sep 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey guys, new to NC. Just posting up a couple pics I took in Atlanta, GA. Shooting w/ a D40 and the kit lenses. The guy at wolf camera let me play with a D2 the other day and now i feel like i need to spend my $$$$ on it

Before yall say anything, i know the 2nd and 3rd pictures are crooked. I found out one of my tripod legs is broken.

ATLsmall.

DSC_0376.

DSC_0382.

2. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan

Sep 21, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    Cool Pics. #1 Shot from Atlantic Station. Were you on the Bridge? How'd you get by all that fencing?

3. hotshot

hotshot

Sep 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Its the 17th st. bridge, the fence doesnt start till you really get on the bridge. i was right before the fence. there was a big light pole to the left of that shot too. Next time you drive past it, check it out

4. I really like the first one. I'll have to go give that a try. Shooting the atlanta skyline is one of my favorite things to do. :) 

Just a tip, I've driven by and noticed. If you look closely at the fencing, I think someone has cut out a circle that a camera lens can fit through. May wanna look for that next time and you may get a better angle.

5. Nice shooting Hotshot:wink:

6. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan

Sep 21, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    All of us ATL shooters need to plan a Night Out before it gets too cold...It would be great to learn from more experienced Photoggs...

7. hotshot

hotshot

Sep 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Im definitly down for that!

8. hellogan

hellogan

Nov 26, 2007
    Chicago
    those are nice exposures. i dont know what you were shooting at but i would try this.
    shoot at a lower iso, nothing over 400.
    meter for the highlights and drag the shutter speed out to absorb more light.

9. hotshot

hotshot

Sep 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Will do! ive been meening to go back down and redo the peachtree ones anyway, mainly cause of the tripod issue

10. Count me in! I'm always a little weary of walking around at night by myself... :eek: 

11. hotshot

hotshot

Sep 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I got conned out of 5 bucks the night i shot the peachtree shots. I guess i felt so sorry for the homeless guy. he was trying to get me to give him cash, or go to the ATM, but i wasnt havin it, finally talked me into buying him some food from mickey d's. Homeless guys are thick out there. I dont mind shooting down in Atlantic Station cause its just more regular people walking around

12. If you guys do an Atlanta shoot let me know, if the hubby isn't on duty that night I might get to go. I too am leery about being out by myself in ATL even in the day time.

13. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan

Sep 21, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    Isnt that the truth...I'd feel a lot better in a group or at least with one more person.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.