A couple more BIFs...

D

DW Brewer

...from the island. Birds were flying everywhere; it was difficult to pick out a subject and stick with it with all the intervening subjects. Here are a couple (again, the light was a little harsh).

-
109444608.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

-
109444611.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D

DW Brewer

Thanks Harry
Allan: just you wait! It's not snowing outside today, but it is quite chilly. We're painting several rooms, so I have no trouble keeping warm ...provided I stay inside! These images were taken on the day that Jacksonville recorded an overnight temp of 29; still several degrees warmer than it was here. Made for quite a chilling boat ride though (just ask LuisV or Stl Don).

D

DW Brewer

Kristin:
I got lucky on that one; didn't clip either wing. It is full frame as well. I love to shoot these guys head-on, although tracking them as they constantly turn and adjust flying attitude can be difficult at best. Head-on images of them gives wonderful lines to the composition provided one does not clip a wing. In this instance, the wings lead one's eye through the image, providing ideal tracking across the rule of thirds. Hey, I'd rather be lucky than good, although someone once put it this way: "Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity."

Latest threads

Top Bottom