A couple more film images ...

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Chris101, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Chris,

Playin with the ol' film camera I see. Well nothing wrong with that.

Talk about noise :>)

I like the second one. First looks very dard here.

The first two you posted , I liked the second one as well. The first , was to in my face. No space going into the image.

Now don't take my tiny opinion to heart. I am just an observer. Not knowledge here, ya know. :>))

Keep them coming. I really like the ifrared images. Would love to try it one day myself.

Regards
    Gale

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Chris,

Are you sure that these shots weren't taken with a D2H at ISO 1600?? :p :shock: :D 8) :lol:

Out of curiosity, what were the shooting settings / film speed / etc.?

Frank

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Frank: I'm looking for the exif, but I can't seem to find it!

I'm not even sure of the lens, but it's either the 35mm or 24-120vr with a #25 red filter. Shutter and aperture are lost, but my film speed for HIE is always IE 800 which I get by cooling and developing for a long time(15-18 minutes depending on temperature) with good old dilution B HC-110 developer.

Gale: Thanks for your take. I do like to shoot film once in a while, I guess to visit my photographic roots, but I scan the stuff, so it's digital in a way. Usually when I film, I do it with Tri-X, but HIE is a fun film, and you never know how it's gonna turn out. Makes for a surprise after the stinky chemical part.

4. You have definitely got the grain thing going Chris and I think it adds to the overall mistique of the image. Nicely done.