1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A couple more from tonight...

Discussion in 'People' started by Gr8Tr1x, May 5, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

A few more from my session with Ashley and Rod. I was demonstrating to Rod how easy it is to use the Nikon CLS system. Bummer that the weather here is so bad this weekend...we should be outside shooting in the normally mild and inviting Carolina sunshine. This will have to do though...

Here's Ash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same mystery lens....any guesses as to which one?

2. These are lovely (as usual!) - Really nice B&W conversion too.

How many Speedlights are you using? I have just ordered an 800 to go with my 600... Can you share you set-up?

btw, my guess is the 105 vr!

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thanks Paul. Two lights tonight. One sb600 in an umbrealla and another light on the camera for fill. My buddy Rod only has one sb600, so we were trying to achieve a look that he could reproduce later at home with his D200.

4. Thanks - Is this in Manual 1/1/25 @ f11?

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Camera NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D200
    Exposure Time 0.0166s (1/60)
    Aperture f/5.0
    ISO 100
    Focal Length 55mm (82mm 35mm)

and the second stopped down slightly more at:

Camera NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D200
    Exposure Time 0.0166s (1/60)
    Aperture f/6.3
    ISO 100
    Focal Length 66mm (99mm 35mm)
    Photo Dimensions 2013 x 2818

6. Good job Joshua, glad to see that you have broken the code on the CLS with multiple flash. Fun isn't it?

7. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

It is rather addictive. I blame the Nikon Speed of Light DVD. That's what started this whole mess... I watched it over and over again, and I couldn't believe what was possible with a handful of speedlights.

8. I did the same thing and that is what got me started as well. My best purchase was the SU800 which allowed me to get the flast off camera.

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice work Joshua. Beautiful photos of your lovely wife.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.