a couple of apple blossoms

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    our apple trees are just beginning to bloom. i'm sure you'll see more once they explode in blossoms, but until then...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

btw, i finally figured out how to shoot in raw and then patrick showed me how to work it from there....please let me know what you think...

Cheers and good evening!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pretty shots Leigh. As for RAW, once you've used it, you'll never go back. Nothing like having that digital negative to fall back on if you ever need it.

Regards,

Frank

BTW, Janie and I are probably going to see Art Garfunkel with the HSO Saturday night. You guys should come with us. :wink:

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    more please

glad you're in the raw. you will really like it. Since Patrick was surprised about the dogwoods...does he know he has apples?

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Frank!

Hmmmm....I might just have to see about getting a baby sitter!

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: more please

he knows we have dogwoods...and he knows we have apples as well as plums....whether or not he knows that they actually bloom, that's a completely different question!

6. The dappled lighting enhances these blossoms and you have captured it well Leigh. Way to go.

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Gordon...I really had to work at getting these. The sun was extremely bright as well as it being quite windy. Seemed that as soon as I would get a shot framed the way I wanted it that the sun would come out from behind a cloud and the wind would blow it out of the frame. But it is quite gratifying when you have had such as time as I did that you end up with one or two worth keeping. Thanks again!