A Couple of Bears

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng45ine, Aug 3, 2008.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ty and I went to the Chicago Bears training camp in south suburban Bourbonnais, Illinois. It was a beautiful day for shooting some football practice. I shot a bunch of images, but only processed these two to share now....I'm too tired to edit more.

1.Wide receiver Mark Bradley
    101159536.gif

2. Quarterback Rex Grossman
    View attachment 234044

2. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Looks like you and Ty had a great time shooting. Make sure you post more images, these are fantastic - colors look good, crisp and sharp.

Were you pleased with the D300 while shooting?

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Nice Frank!

I really like the first one..great timing!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Brian, yes...I am really pleased with my D300, it seems to produce quality images. I'm still trying to learn how to get the most out of it, but so far I am happy with it's performance.

Thank you Jeff, Ty and I had plenty of media standing directly in front of us, so I have some nice images of the backs of their heads. I'll cull through the images later today.

5. Very nice Frank.
    I have to believe though, in your case, it's more the user than the camera being able to get quality images.

Joe

6. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    While I won't dispute the that the D300 is a great camera, I'm with Joe on this one.
    That these are excellent images have more to do with the user than the camera.

7. They look great I am hoping to make it up to the Eagles camp this week or next. cant wait to see soem more Frank keep them coming

8. frank,
    awesome shots
    perfect

thanks for sharing

9. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Looks great Frank. Looks like you had some nice filtered sun. Hope oyu and Ty had a nice day.

10. Great shots Frank. It's good to see that you and Ty were able to hang out and enjoy practice.

11. Great images Frank!
    When baseball season is over, I'll turn to some high school sports.
    Fred

12. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Nice shots Frank, especially the timing of #1.

13. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Frank, looks like you've tamed the D300, which is no surprise to any of us here... (wonder if #4 would look good for your next round of shots? :biggrin:)