A couple of different Owls .....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, May 1, 2007.

1. Went back out to Othello this past weekend, we are still 3-4 weeks away from the "wee ones" showing their faces, so I'm planning on going back them. But we did see our Burrowing Owl friends:

Flying Low and Slow, and Silent Too:
    [​IMG]

Just Hangin' Around the Hood:
    [​IMG]

All Buffed Up:
    [​IMG]

No clue what this behavior was, I got a sequence of the Owl going from "smooth" to "buffed" and then back again, never moved a foot.

Then we got a nice bonus, about an hour before full sundown, a Short Eared Owl.

You Lookin' at ME????:
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Bill
    Lucky you:>)))

3. Nice set Bill. They're so cute!

4. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    Kool shots, keep em comming. And when do we get a sound bite of that didgeridoo ? In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida with the doo?

5. Nice owl shots Bill. That short eared must have been a real bonus as I never saw one this year.

6. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Nice set, Bill.

7. Such a nice series, Bill!

8. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Nice photos, Bill! I really like the Burrowing Owls.

9. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Great series Bill! I haven't seen either of these owls in person so I always enjoy images of these birds.

10. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Nice series Bill! He is really hitting the 'deck' on the first shot!

11. Thanks, Gale, lucky is certainly the correct word to use, although an understatement :wink:

Thanks, Phil. Just think how "cute" the little ones are going to look when they start to pop out. I can't even imagine seeing a half-dozen little ones scampering about :biggrin:

Thanks, I'll have to work on the In-A-Gadda thing .... :confused: :confused:

Thanks, Jim. The Owl really was. We turned onto this one road, hadn't gone very far when Chip saw it. I missed it as I was paying attention to the road. We made a U-Turn, I got a few shots, it took off when Chip got out. First one I've seen this year.

12. Chip

Chip

Oct 13, 2005
    WA
    Nice going Bill. These came out good. Thanks for showing me this side of the State. Lots going on. Still havent got around to process:frown: Soon.

13. Debbie, Dave, Herb and Andy, thanks very much. These are so much fun to watch, but so darned small. At only 8-9 inches distance is a real challenge.

Thanks,