A couple of flowers

Vey fine pictures - I would crop the half sky away on both, so the flowers would "fill" more.

Very nice, Mike.
Do you know whether this farm is growing them for snack or flower?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Vey fine pictures - I would crop the half sky away on both, so the flowers would "fill" more.
Thanks Steinar, I actually didn't intend to put the horizon dead center in the first shot - that's what I get for editing late at night...

The first one's great.....
....i'd leave em alone though!!

Emphasises the space around!!
Appreciate it Steve, there were several large fields of these around the area and the pic doesn't do the scene justice.

Very nice, Mike.
Do you know whether this farm is growing them for snack or flower?
Thanks Glenn, I don't know what they are grown for - I didn't even know that there were these fields so nearby to me until yesterday - these were taken between Italy and Ennis Texas on Highway 34 which is around 100 miles from my home.

I can't see anything - did you modify 'em or did Flickr kill the link :confused:
I love the Lightroom Publish Services but I forget that flickr breaks the link if I update a photo and republish after I've shared the BBCode - it doesn't put a new picture there, I wish it didn't work that way. It's fixed now...

these are good photos. Especially consider the sensor.

is that using the special Fuji mode where they increase the dynamic range ?

these are good photos. Especially consider the sensor.

is that using the special Fuji mode where they increase the dynamic range ?
Thanks David. This was the first outing I had with the X20 so I'm still learning what it can or can't do. No, I didn't use the Fuji enhanced mode, just 'A' mode and processed in Lightroom. I did shoot in RAW and applied some gradient to the sky and local exposure and clarity to the flower in the second one, so it's sort of my own version of enhanced dynamic range. The camera's really nice to use and I think it will grow on me as I spend more time with it.

The X20 rocks!
Truth be told, I wouldn't mind having one - especially for those "..no cameras with interchangeable lenses allowed.." events...:tongue:
As far as handling and looks it's fantastic - I think I'll have to spend a little time with it to figure out just how to process the files and what my limits are. with this first experience I was very dissatisfied with anything shot over ISO 200, even found 200 to be kind of grainy. My initial view is that the Sony RX100 would be better for all out quality from a small camera - but I think I'll like the Fuji just fine with a little time. I remember the first few days I had my EM-5 and shot with the 45mm lens wide open, I couldn't get any good shots - everyones eyes were out of focus - I finally figured out how to use the camera and of course now I love it.

yea, don't put to much stock in my opinion, there's a lot of chatter on the Fuji forum at DPReview about this issue. Like most things in those forums, I think it tends to be exaggerated and I've only had one outing with it. I really, really want to like this camera and will give it plenty of chances. I don't see it being able to perform well indoors (it is a small sensor) but I think outside it's going be a great camera. Hopefully Fuji might release a firmware update that addresses some smudging and noise concerns.

It looks good and feels good in my hand.

2013-06-03_DSCF4569_.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

Here's an album with snapshots from the day if you're interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102400165707036375387/20130601PirateFestivalHillsboro

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom