1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A couple of formal portraits

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by jadlh, Sep 16, 2008.

1. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    There are a number of places that you can encounter locals who wear their bright garb, this happens especially when there is a community dance
    I thought you might enjoy a different angle on formal portraits

rlc1080.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 253654

2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Wow - interesting images. Was this in Michigan?????

3. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Michigan?

Ha, ha, that would be interesting if these were from Mi., these come from the Highlands area of Papua New Guinea....a loooong way from Mich.

A funny story to relate when we visited New Britain an Island north of the mainland and it belongs to PNG. It took us one overnight and 29 air hours to reach New Britain, then we were taken by van in a 45 minute ride to the small resort of Walindi. The next morning we took a tour out of the resort in a 4wheel drive van for a 45 minute ride up on a mountain side to a river where we went swimming. Now this is about as remote as one can get from home, but just before we left the river a van pulled up with some locals and they were going swimming as well. There was one white person in their group so I asked him if he was from the U.S. and he said yes...Michigan, and he was from my town and only lived a couple of miles away from me.
    IMG_0381.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The river is near 110 degrees F. as it runs through volcanic activity

4. Great to see those pics. My brothers and father wanted to go on a fishing trip to New Britain many years ago but had to cancel their plans when the natives became a little war-like.

5. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    These are the best formals I've seen in a while. Can I buy that background at B&H? :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.