A couple of Hummers

Shot these this past Saturday out on eastern Long Island, what a fun day shooting them!

hummer0030.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hummer0116.jpg

First one is just shy of full frame, second one is cropped to a vertical from a Horizontal.

D2x, 500mm AF-S, ISO 400, f4, 1/640, iTTL flash@ -1.5, Gitzo 1548, Wimberley Head

Absolutely "gorgeous" pics George!!! and considering your set up and distance, makes it that much more SWEET!!! Great job bud!

Excellent George. I've yet to get any really decent shots of these guys. These are much more than decent. :wink:

Thanks a bunch! :)

The place we went had feeders all around, the trick we found was to take down the feeders so they went to the flowers. They had no problem letting us do that. Here are a couple more, it was so hot I left early so I did not get that many different shots;

hummer0043.jpg

hummer0098.jpg

This is absolutely fantastic.

To me, the color of the background is what make the captures really stand out. Of Course, the sharpness and composition are top notch also.

Thank you for sharing these.

Roberto

Great work George.

I can't imagine any other picture of a hummer better than your first one. Not only is the combination of flowers and bird perfect, that blob of light in the background finishes it off.

Latest threads

Top Bottom