A couple of more shots...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, May 10, 2005.

1. Here's a couple of shots from Sunday.........

Lesser Scaup- neat looking duck

original.

seagul - fun trying to nail exposure - sorry was bored

original.

last light- pbase is driving me crazy with its compression and not working!!
    original.

2. Nice shots Keith. I really like that first shot a lot!! :D :D :D

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

You're getting pretty darn good at this birdie stuff. The first and last are great, and I don't know a single flying birdie shooter that hasn't practiced on Gulls.... ;-)

4. Keith, that Scaup is a wonderful shot and I like it a lot. The others are good as well but the yellow eye on the scaup blows me away. Well done.

5. Thanks guys........right now it just feels great to get out without the ice and snow. Little things in life that make us happy....

6. yeah, yeah, yeah. Show off that big @ssed 400 f2.8. I think to really capture some birds you need to come down here and let me show you some stuff. :)

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I couldn't agree with you more Harris. 8)

Come on down Keith!! :lol:

8. (yeah, but I get first divs on trying it out) :lol:

9. you guys crack me up........R O F L M A O!!!!!!!!!
    Oh boy, did I chuckle!!!!

10. Keith,

Really like the 1st one! Great captures! I take it these were with the 400 f2.8 + 1.4x tele. Thanks for sharing.

11. Sweet love the first one, looks like you are getting a grip on that new lens, go for head to Fla only problem is you will have a sore neck for looking everywhere and seeing all these wonderful birds

12. Thanks guys, to Mike's point, you guys are spoiled with what you get to shoot on the east coast. then again with what Mike has in the front yard. LOL!!!

13. I like that last one

That last one looks as if the goose is in the middle of some sort of broadway dance routine. It cracked me up when I saw it and had that thought. Regardless great captures. I have a recent duck pick with a similar looking subject I may post to this thread latter. Maybe you can help identify it for me. 8)

14. The first shot rocks!! The reflection is awesome!

15. First off, Keith, I agree with all the other comments on the images, can't think of anything new to add.

And I REALLY agree with your comment above. The more Florida stuff I see the more I am convinced that these birds are trained by Disney or something. Or maybe Harris has a side-business doing Bird-Training that he hasn't told us about. Yeah, that's the ticket :wink: