1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A couple of my car from a trip to Savannah

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by t3han0maly, Aug 12, 2009.

1. t3han0maly

t3han0maly

Jun 30, 2008
    Atlanta GA
    Took these at the beach side parking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I finally have photographing a black car figured out even when there's too much light.

C&C very appreciated.

2. mobeious1

mobeious1

Oct 24, 2008
    fl
    what is that i want one

3. t3han0maly

t3han0maly

Jun 30, 2008
    Atlanta GA
    You mean the car? Its a 2008 Audi A3 2.0T

4. You're right when you say that you have photographing a black car in sunlight down! Great shots! Nice A3, I have an 01 TT.

5. Great shots! thats a pretty damn nice car too :biggrin:

6. Juliflex

Juliflex

Jan 27, 2008
    Puerto Rico
    great shots! they look very well exposed. love that dope sticker :tongue:

7. t3han0maly

t3han0maly

Jun 30, 2008
    Atlanta GA
    Thanks, it took me a year's of ownership to get it figured out lol.

Thanks you :biggrin:

haha thanks, Its not quite dope status yet though. Need a bit of work. Hope to have it done by the end of the year. :cool: 

8. Nice shots of an even nicer car... Good job of exposing a black car...

If I can make one suggestion though, on the 2nd shot, I would have composed the shot so the car was at the bottom of the frame with more of the building in the back ground, instead of all the sandy grass in front to the car...
    And maybe also cropped it more tightly placing it slightly to the left with the mural to the right of it... Just a suggestion...:smile:

9. t3han0maly

t3han0maly

Jun 30, 2008
    Atlanta GA
    [​IMG]

Kind of like that Wally?

10. Yeah... I like that, but that's just me...
    By cutting down the foreground it brings the car closer to the front making it more pronounced...
    And moving it to the side just gives it a bit of character when your using a lot of background in the shot...
    You could even crop it more by removing the tank on the right side, worth a try.
    But at the end of the day you are the one that has to like it..
    BTW, I really like it in B&W....

11. t3han0maly

t3han0maly

Jun 30, 2008
    Atlanta GA
    thanks for the advice Wally. the black and white version is my computer wallpaper.

12. I have a new red AUDI TT open top and have tried and failed so many times to get a acceptable result I have given up, Well Done. did you use any filters?.

13. t3han0maly

t3han0maly

Jun 30, 2008
    Atlanta GA
    truronion, I used a polarizer for the shots. I'm surprised you're having issues with red. THe only colors i've had trouble have always been black and dark grey's and dark blue's. I prefer to shoot them in the evening hour or mornings when you cant physically see the sun but its still light out. Its more about reflection with dark solid colors.

What was your setup like I mean time of day location etc. too many reflective surfaces also pose a problem in my experience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.