A couple of my first bird shots

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
Not sure of my birds but testing 70-200 2.8 from kitchen window.. This lil guy seems to like bird feeder
b1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
b2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
If your first bird is a Goldfinch, you’re a lucky photographer! Welcome.
thanks wasnt sure, Im not familiar with birds in any way... except like blue jays robins bald eagles..lol.. Ive got to say im impressed w z6 and 70-200 from my kitchen window.... think i need a book on bird ID :)

Bird photography with a 200mm lens is ambitious lol. But we all start somewhere. Before the pandemic, I couldn't tell a nuthatch from a wren. Just called them all "fast movers."

Audubon has a decent phone app for bird ID, as does Merlin Bird ID.

This is a great place to learn and grow in your skills.

Real Name
Keith Jalbert
Bird photography with a 200mm lens is ambitious lol. But we all start somewhere. Before the pandemic, I couldn't tell a nuthatch from a wren. Just called them all "fast movers."

Audubon has a decent phone app for bird ID, as does Merlin Bird ID.

This is a great place to learn and grow in your skills.
as of right now just got the 70-200 which finally got ok from better half.. Not to mention Im shooting into my backyard from a chair in warm house, lol.. I was looking up birds of missouri definately some bright ones out here. Im waiting to get a bald eagle I know we have them once in a while flying around or perched. I was thinkin maybe a TC but forgot which to use and thought one maybe one wasnt as sharp

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom