A couple of oldies...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, May 5, 2005.

1. I shot these a while ago, but since I'm new here, they're new here too:

41523799.Limbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These three are from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. I've got a gallery full of shots from the museum which is more of a garden/zoo/natural history museum really. I highly recommend it if you're ever in the Tucson area. All three were shot with my 70-300D. I'll post exposure data if you're interested.

Dave

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

Can't see them right now. Will have to check back later. :?

4. Pbase issues

It looks like there are some Pbase issues at work here. All of the original sized images have broken links. Hopefully they'll fix the problem soon, otherwise, I'll repost.

Dave

5. I had to right click on the broken icon and then choose view image got them to download that way.

I think the pics are great!

6. Cool shots Dave!! :D :D :D

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey, that worked!! And, you are right, these are some cool shots.

Thanks.

8. Dave,

I guess PBase is working now, I can see your images. My favorite is the first one. The second image looks otherworldly until you take a close look at it. Is the second image a macro shot of a prickly pear?

Crystall

9. Nope, not a prickly pear. I forget the specific name of this type of cactus, but it is a tall round cactus. Not Saguaro tall, but it can get up to 5-6 feet I would say. The shot you are talking about was of a short (2 foot) and young cactus. When they're young, the top is red. Eventually they turn green, but the tops usually have at least a reddish hue.

Dave

10. Cool shots, interesting perspective on plant life. Had a look around your galleries, I like your pics, David.