A couple of portraits with the 300 mm f.4

Thought I would try the 300 mm AF-S f.4 on a couple of my dogs. Nothing special but I think they turned out nice. With the sunshine it's so hard to avoid blown highlights.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good looking pup...reminds me of a dog we used to have many years ago.

And the shots look good too...the 300 f/4 is a great lens.

VERY nice.... :)
Thanks Lisa. Nice of you to comment.

Good looking pup...reminds me of a dog we used to have many years ago.

And the shots look good too...the 300 f/4 is a great lens.
Dave, I'm very happy with that lens. It's a joy to shoot with. Thanks for your comment.

Nice looking dog. You just wanna pet him/her :)
Thanks Dave. They are two girls. Littermates from a litter I had almost 4 years ago.

Beautiful
You have nailed photographing them
Thanks as always Gale. I've learned more taking pictures of my dogs than I could read in any book.

Nice looking dog and you got the exposure right here!!
Thanks Gary. I try to avoid blown highlights. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don't. Sometimes it's impossible and you have to compromise.

Torben,
I always enjoy seeing your dogs. They look calm and stately in these. Looks like you nailed the exposure to me. Very nice.
Thank you Dave. Most of the time they are very calm in warm days like we have right now but with the evening chill the young ones takes a few rounds in the garden.

I think they are gorgeous Torben. I've always liked the 300 for portraits.
Thanks Frank. It is becoming my favorit lens. I'm just worried that I begin to lust after a 2.8.:eek:

"Nothing special"...........these pictures of your dogs are always special. I would give anything to give them all a big 'ol hug.

Torben,

Both the pictures and your dogs are beautiful! I know how hard it is shooting solid colored dogs, you've done a great job!

"Nothing special"...........these pictures of your dogs are always special. I would give anything to give them all a big 'ol hug.
Thanks Yvette. They do get plenty of hugs and they love it.

Torben,

Both the pictures and your dogs are beautiful! I know how hard it is shooting solid colored dogs, you've done a great job!
Thank you Gretchen.

Oooh. The first one IS special. Feeling that strong desire again... :rolleyes:
Follow your desires Daniel :wink: . You can alway go to the Zoo and watch Knut. Thank for your comment.

Beautiful as always torb
Thanks Eric. I enjoy your pups as well.

Top Bottom