A couple of Raccoons from a rainy day in the NW

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Jan 2, 2006.

1. I found these two guys coming out from under a building searching for something to eat. These were taken on the Long Beach Peninsula in the little town of Oysterville.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Louie

2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I like those shots very much. Thanks for posting these. I have often thought to myself that with all those racoons in USA we rarely see any pictures of them. I think the are quite pretty animals. How about some skunks?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice images of a beautiful animal..
    Nice to see...

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Really cute animals, and good shots Louie. :smile:

5. Thanks Gale, Frank and Torben. I know that these are pretty common animals, but I what can I say, other than I was looking for something flying but the weather has just been nasty up here, so I had to shoot something.

6. Excellent shots Louie. What lens?

Thanks for sharing.

7. Louie,
    These are some pretty sweet shots! that second one is a scary lookin booger.
    What camera/lens?

8. hey louie, dont forget to change your copyright date. These may be 05 images but just FYI in case you forgot.
    Dave

9. Good shots Louie, makes me wonder if they chew their way into those cabins.

10. Thanks for the comments. Scott, it was taken with a D2X 70-200VR. I was pretty close. Dave, thanks for the reminder, time flys where you're having fun, here it 2006. Ron, I don't think you want to tangle with a Raccoon, they can rip a dog apart if they get cornered.

Dave, I'll be emailing you with some questions soon.

11. How Cute!!! I love the 2nd one. We have none around where I live. :(

12. Thanks Ann. They are cute, but they can really cause you trouble when they get into your backyard. The babies are the really cute ones, just a ball of fur.

Louie

13. Cool shots, not that common here, dont think I have seen one. Nice series!!

14. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

they are cute, but very dangerous. They tend to carry rabies so it is best to stand clear them.

15. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

With skunks be nocturnal it was be rare to get a good photo of them. You could however use a flash, but that might scare them into spraying you. Now that is not a very pretty thought.

16. I think I'll leave the Skunk shooting to someone else. It doesn't conjur up a pretty scene thinking of when the flash goes off.

17. Thanks Keith. These guys are cute, but I go along with the statement that they can be very dangerous with cornered. Best to stays ones distance and use your long lens technique.

louie