A couple of shots after the reception...

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by dutchtrumpet, Aug 9, 2008.

1. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Just wanted to share...comments welcome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nice shots
    thanks sharing them with us
    that second one....
    the sign from...
    "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change"
    i just shot the dress rehearsal for a production here.... a few days ago

neat

3. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    That's a fun coincidence. Thanks!!

4. I like the lighting on #1 , many of todays cameras blow the highlights in favour of the shadows , I need to learn to shoot manual in situations like this .
    #2 has a distracting shadow . Something I learned a while back when I was playing with wireless flash is that you can " make flash fall-off your friend" by moving the flash much closer to the subject you get the same light on the subject but have a much weaker shadow on the background due to flash fall-off . I know it's not easy at the time but I think it's something useful to remember [ that is , if you don't specifically want the shadow behind them ] .

5. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Actually the shadow is completely intentional. For me it was remembering to create the shadow. I think the shot is boring without the dark partner. Different tastes make it art:smile:

thanks for the nice words on the first. It was shot in manual as was the other.

6. That's about as high as we can reach , being able to create a picture we imagine . One day I'll get to the point where I can say " that's there because I wanted it there " :smile: .
    Do you have any more to share ?

7. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    :smile:Believe me...I am always trying to reach higher...I am always learning or trying to.

I'll post some more in a bit...it still weeding through and doing quick corrections. 800 keepers from last night and still have to finish last weeks:eek:

8. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Here's one from the ceremony.

d300 and 70-200mmVR at 175mm f/2.8 ISO 1250

[​IMG]

9. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    The guys

[​IMG]

10. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    The Bride

[​IMG]

11. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    The bridal party....

[​IMG]

12. You have some good shots here. Interesting angle when shooting the bridal party from above.

13. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Thanks Gordon!

14. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Some may not like the extremeness of this processing. I'm mixed myself but I know Cora (the Bride) will dig it based on what we did together for her E-session.

The girls...

[​IMG]

15. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Another of the girls...
    [​IMG]