A Couple of Shots on Prince William Sound

Real Name
Dan
I continue with my efforts to capture more landscapes when we're out on Prince William Sound. Not easy to stay on task as this is salmon season which means it's also bear (photography)season :)

1) Shot from our anchorage in Picturesque Cove. This is the stereotypical weather on the sound, grey and misty. D810/70-200 f4@70mm, 3 frames stitched in LR.
p4147970735-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) Different spot, different day. Shot early morning on a crystal clear day. Same kit, single frame, tripod mounted.
p4147316887-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Beautiful! I'll bet they both look great in a large size to better appreciate the colors and details! #1 is a nice companion to the first image in your Landscape gallery in your online website.

Real Name
Dan
Both are very nice. I realize you're generally not a monochrome guy but consider converting the first one to monochrome.
Thanks, Mike. Monochrome did cross my mind briefly. In this case I consider the greens to be an important aspect of the scene. Trying to capture the feel of the rain forest.
What amazing scenery Dan, and very well shot.
Thanks, Louie. It's a beautiful place.
Both beautiful shots Dan.
Thanks, Binnur. Glad you enjoyed them.
Beautiful! I'll bet they both look great in a large size to better appreciate the colors and details! #1 is a nice companion to the first image in your Landscape gallery in your online website.
Thanks for commenting, Karen. Yes we're remodeling our home and I'm contemplating some large landscape prints. The critters are going to have to give up some wall space :(

Real Name
Dan
I never tire of your Prince William Sound pics. Just wonderful.
Glad you enjoyed them, Ron. I never get tired of shooting them either. As I'm getting older there is a sense of urgency coming over me that the day is coming when I won't be getting out there any more.

Latest threads

Top Bottom